***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Man of Honour
OP
Perhaps frustratingly, there isn't much new to add because there isn't much new going on. Every video is showing improvements, which in itself is a good reason to keep posting them (to make sure this continues).

That box is an inch too high though.

Your friend has a lot of work to do as well. You right to mention his feet, everything possible is wrong - pointed too far out, collapsing, and not symmetrical. His right knee is having to go much farther out than his left! I really hope he wasn't doing a 160kg squat to depth like that, he will snap.

Soldato
Perhaps frustratingly, there isn't much new to add because there isn't much new going on. Every video is showing improvements, which in itself is a good reason to keep posting them (to make sure this continues).

That box is an inch too high though.

Your friend has a lot of work to do as well. You right to mention his feet, everything possible is wrong - pointed too far out, collapsing, and not symmetrical. His right knee is having to go much farther out than his left! I really hope he wasn't doing a 160kg squat to depth like that, he will snap.

Cheers buddy. So what you're saying is for me to keep going, and hopefully keep getting better until my form is great? And for my friend to fix all those glaring issues.

Caporegime
hey guys just wanted to run something by you lot.

was thinking of doing this as new routine modified stronglifts 5x5

day 1
squats 5x5
OHP 5x5
Deadlift 5x5
pull ups with leg raises 5x5

day 2
60 mins rowing machine

day 3
squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Bent over row 5x5
shrugs 5x5

day 4
60 minutes rowing machine

and then back to day one and just roll that over and over non stop doing the strong lifts adding a little weight each time

what do you think? hopefuly enough big lifts that a lot of the extra food im eating turns to muscle and enoguh cardio that it keeps the fat down a bit.

Caporegime
i just close my eyes and listen to snow patrol. :p

used to be able to do an hour at ~30 spm

been a lonmg time since ive done it though.

hate running ona tread mil though.

Soldato
Your better off posting routines in the gym ratz thread, this is more form specific rom discussion.

Your better off sticking off 3 days of liftin, or 4 for that matter, as cardio is not efficient for fat burning/reducing fat building. Diet and heavy lifting will have a much bigger effect.

Associate
Here's the two video of my squat last week.

I listened to the advice and here's two videos of my squat (60kg) today

Is the form good enough for me to start adding weight or should I still focus on improving form?

Am I right in thinking that the knees still need to go out more?

Soldato
I thought I'd actually get back on schedule and do the stronglifts workout that I'm supposed to.

My squats were awful today. I am at loss for words as to why they're so much worse than last week. I've been doing mobility everyday yet I felt a bit tight/stiff today and as such the squat was so uncomfortable to perform. I've been taking anti histamines the last few days, maybe this contributed to it.

The bench was pretty bad as well. I'm getting a 'feeling' in my shoulder after a few reps. I don't know whether it's a bad thing or not as it's not a pain or discomfort.

Anyway, he's a vid of me pendlay rowing for you to lol at. First thing I noticed is that I need to maintain the arch in my back

Last edited:
Caporegime
You're effectively doing a pendlay row there, just hold the bar with your torso between 45-90 degrees upwards and row, doing what you're doing there with the small plates will just make you bend your spine to pull the weight up.

Soldato
You're effectively doing a pendlay row there, just hold the bar with your torso between 45-90 degrees upwards and row, doing what you're doing there with the small plates will just make you bend your spine to pull the weight up.

I was actually trying to do a pendlay row, perhaps i should have mentioned that :o

Man of Honour
Keep your knees out through the movement (train glute med with some bands) and work out if you want an uber low bar squat or a sexual high bar...

Former requires you to sit back more to keep the bar path vertical and stabilise your lumbar to avoid bum wink; the latter requires more ankle mobility, but with the bar higher. Based on bar position, I would suggest the former, with more mobility of ankles...

Man of Honour
OP
Although that level of rounding in the upper back isn't likely to cause injury, I'd definitely say it was a concern in general. You should be able to control it.

Back
Top Bottom