***Show us your Knives***

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Two knives, a big one and a little one;

pFgnD3E.jpg.png

The little one goes with me everywhere, it's on my keys all the time, I use it at least five or six times a day on average. The big one:

4vnlWxH.jpg.png

Goes with me when I go outdoors, it's excellent for cutting branches, splitting wood and other such things.

Wise Guy
Soldato
omg Aod I can't believe you have that ghastly thing in your house. i mean what's to stop it from jumping in to your hand and forcing you to run out side and start stabbing people??

Soldato
I think you'll find that a knife has been available for a much longer time than a wire stripper.

Hence why I asked why they need a knife and not why given any time period would they ever have had to use a knife.

Electricians also deal with plastics which a Stanley knife would be cracking to use if you needed to score it.

Not really the same kind of knife being pimped in this thread though is it.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
omg Aod I can't believe you have that ghastly thing in your house. i mean what's to stop it from jumping in to your hand and forcing you to run out side and start stabbing people??

I know! :eek:

Just last week I came home and it was covered in blood and there was a pile of corpses on the floor! :eek:

;)

Soldato
I think you'll find that a knife has been available for a much longer time than a wire stripper.

Hence why I asked why they need a knife and not why given any time period would they ever have had to use a knife.

Electricians also deal with plastics which a Stanley knife would be cracking to use if you needed to score it.

Not really the same kind of knife being pimped in this thread though is it. I work with an electrician, I don't think I've ever seen him walking around with a Rambo style combat knife.

Soldato

What like a nervous/mental breakdown, depression, psychosis .etc .etc
Like what happens in America all the time, sadly they tend to use something far more deadly and the death counts are horrendous!!

And yes starting a thread about your lock / hunting knifes is both worrying and vulgar !

Soldato
Why is this thread still here???
The O.P has clearly displayed an offensive weapon which is illegal to own in the U.K :confused:
He should be keeping quiet about breaking import laws and not boasting about having it on an internet forum :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
The O.P has clearly displayed an offensive weapon which is illegal to own in the U.K :confused:
He should be keeping quiet about breaking import laws and not boasting about having it on an internet forum :rolleyes:

So it's illegal to own a knife like mine in the UK? I fear you are wrong. It is illegal to carry it on the street without a legitimate reason.

Also, if I broke import laws, wouldn't customs in the airport have taken my knife and called me in about it instead of searching the package and charging me tax on the beef inside with the knife? :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato

Which laws have been broken exactly?

Associate

Do yourself a favour and educate yourself before typing complete tripe along with your silly rolleyes, you really haven't got a clue do you?

Aod

Aod

Soldato
What like a nervous/mental breakdown, depression, psychosis .etc .etc
Like what happens in America all the time, sadly they tend to use something far more deadly and the death counts are horrendous!!

And yes starting a thread about your lock / hunting knifes is both worrying and vulgar !
I think I'll be okay. I've not had the temptation to go on a stabbing spree so far.

Aod, that looks like a tanto blade, nice knife either way.

It's lovely! really well balanced, full-length tang that actually comes out the back as a glass-breaking end, comfy grip etc.
Really useful! :)

Nothing posted in this thread is illegal to buy, import or possess, other than, perhaps, the monumental stupidity and ignorance displayed by some users :rolleyes:

Associate
Obv. collecting knives is perfectly acceptable, and no one's saying that people who collect knives are going to be all stabby stabby with them.

All the same, there's no point trying to deny that fascination with knives has the same basis as fascination with things like guns, big lasers, etc (and to a lesser degree, a child's fascination with big tanks and bombs).

It's a fascination with owning and controlling something that is lethal, powerful, and capable of destruction. Similarly with carrying a knife on you, if you don't work in a field where you use one as part of your profession, it's just about the feeling of 'power'. Yeh, you may say you need it because you 'use' your knife 5-6 times a day...I have a friend who carries a knife with him and he uses it to open coke cans and slit open letters. Lol.

I don't think there's anything wrong with collecting knives. But don't even begin to pretend that you collect pretty knives purely for their utility.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
The knife I carry around with me has a blade less than 40mm long and is less dangerous than 90% of my tools at work :p

I like my knives because they are examples of exceptional craftsmanship while also being extremely useful tools, and I would be most perturbed at their loss and the inconvenience/difficulties that that would create for me.

Soldato
DSC_4841_zps9335da57.jpg

A few of mine. The Leatherman charges get used all the time, great little tools. I used to carry the Sog blink all the time at work to open boxes and sharpen pencils, but then I got the little keyring spydercos and use the mid sized one instead now.

Back
Top Bottom