Baroness Thatcher has died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Can someone explain where the £10m figure came from? It is starting to get annoying all these stories and status updates in uproar but I don't remember seeing an actual source or quote claiming that figure other than the UK media. I know Maude has recently said it is much less than that figure.

Caporegime
Pretty sure Thatcher would turn in her grave knowing the state paid for her funeral...

Seems like the ultimate missing the point of what Thatcher wanted the state to do... ;)

ahahaha :D

This is on black mountain over here

BICxeGbCYAE9eBV.jpg

Soldato
Can someone explain where the £10m figure came from? It is starting to get annoying all these stories and status updates in uproar but I don't remember seeing an actual source or quote claiming that figure other than the UK media. I know Maude has recently said it is much less than that figure.

The planning for this has been going on for years but we will never know the true price it cost the tax payer.

Caporegime
The planning for this has been going on for years but we will never know the true price it cost the tax payer.

Couldn't care less, if i had to pick between them spend my tax money on sending someone as important as MT off, or pouring money down the endless welfare drain, i know which i'd pick..........

As for the 10m figure, i think thats been plucked out of thin air.

Associate

I am assuming given the outrage as to how much this is costing she is being cremated along with £10 million in cash and its not being used to pay for stuff so going back into the economy

Soldato
I am assuming given the outrage as to how much this is costing she is being cremated along with £10 million in cash and its not being used to pay for stuff so going back into the economy

Yeah I suppose thats the same argument as taxpayers make when their cash goes to pay benefits?

Soldato
Love or hate Maggie, I'm glad everything went off ok without a major incident.

Same.

I really can't see how its clever to protest against somebody know is now dead and had no influence after she left Downing Street anyway.

To protest now is nothing more than a stunt. If anybody wanted to protest against her, then they should have done it back in the day. Pretty sure some "protesters" were just growing out of their nappies when she was in power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom