Maxwell Render network question - any users?

ajf

ajf

Soldato
I've got involved with some support aspects of this software.
One of which is the potential for using network rendering using multiple nodes.

Has anyone had experience of this setup?
I am trying to find put what sort of load it puts on the network from the traffic whilst it is rendering and communicating with each node.

They are/would be on the main network which has 200 users so don't really want the whole lot coming down!
It could possibly be run at night to negate some of the potential issues but there are still some systems running over the network then too.

Just want to cover all angles before I set up a test system for them to use.

Associate
I've only used Autodesk backburner but I'd imagine it works much the same way.

I don't think much data is transferred other than the chunks being rendered by each client. Each client will have a copy of the scene and will render out the chunks assigned to it by the server. Each client will send it's completed chunks to the server to piece together the complete frame(s). How much data is being transferred will depend on the resolution of the render and the speed each frame is completed at.

Associate
Have you tried asking this at the Next Limit forum for Maxwell Render?I am sure you will have much better chance of an answer there.

I do have Maxwell with a couple of Render Nodes that were included with my license but I have never actually used them so cant help in that respect.

Back
Top Bottom