Spec me a 27" or 30" monitor ...

Associate
Thinking about getting a new monitor, mostly for photoediting. I currently have an HP LP2475W ( and a Macbook ) but I'm quite keen to expand my onscreen estate with either a 27" or 30" model. I'd likely keep the HP as a 2nd monitor, possibly orientating it in portrait mode.

Having looked at the available monitors out there - I'm very undecided. Strongly considered the NEC PA271W, but it's getting a bit long in the tooth and a new model could be not far away. The new Dell Ultrasharp U3014 looks interesting but I'd like to see some strong user reviews first.

As for budget, haven't really set one ... but I'm not prepared to fund a top notch 27" Eizo ! The monitor would primarily be for photoediting .... gaming etc come a distant 2nd.

Any thoughts ? Interested to hear what the other photographers here are using, or considering.

Soldato
I'm using a 27" Iiyama prolite B2712HDS and it's easily been the best monitor I've had to date. I think there's a newer model out now though :)

Associate
OP
@ An Exception - I don't unfortunately. I should add that my Macbook is very much for on the road editing & storage. I use a PC desktop for editing when at home.

Last edited:
Associate
I am having a Hazro HZ30Wif 30 delivered today will let you know if its any good later mines for photo editing and premier with some light gaming I also have a 27" Iiyama prolite its only 1080p but still a good monitor

Back
Top Bottom