Icecold's mobility thread

Caporegime
New toys

20130418_201435_zps8c22fbab.jpg

Associate
I actually have one of the bigger foam rollers but what I'm looking for is a smaller one which has handles like the one you posted on the last page.

On a different topic, I was trying one of the stretches in the second episode of themobilty wod videos http://www.mobilitywod.com/2010/08/dont-go-in-pain-cave.html earlier today and I tweaked my back. I was in agony for a while in the mid back region and my shoulder was locking up. Used the foam roller and it cracked twice and felt fine again. I can physically not do the stretch in that video.

Associate
Guys. How do you feel about stretching before exercise? I have some major issues at the moment with my feet and knees. Would this be ok to do before my morning swim?

I keep hearing different opinions?

Thanks

Associate
I don't know about before swimming but I've tried stretching before lifting, after lifting and both. Now I prefer to stretch and work on mobility on my rest days.

I find plenty of warmup sets is enough to stretch me out for the main lifts and when I tried stretching after my workouts it was often half heartedly and sometimes I'd cut it short.

Caporegime
I don't know about before swimming but I've tried stretching before lifting, after lifting and both. Now I prefer to stretch and work on mobility on my rest days.

I find plenty of warmup sets is enough to stretch me out for the main lifts and when I tried stretching after my workouts it was often half heartedly and sometimes I'd cut it short.

This is what I do, mostly just foam roll though.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Stretching before exercise is fine if you're trying to get some range to allow you to lift properly. An example is opening up the shoulders and pecs before squatting to allow better position on the bar. Some soft tissue on the areas I'll be training is what I do before most sessions.

Stretching should be purposeful.

Back
Top Bottom