*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S4 Thread ***

Soldato
Obviously you would know that that is not the first screen in the notification bar and indeed you had to press the toggle on the top right to get to it and after pulling the notification bar. Or use two finger drag of notification bar.

And you are able to customise the icons that appear on the notification bar to your preference.

Of course I do. My point is that all that nonsense is there in the first place, and if any of it is turned on by default it's going to be using battery and impacting performance, as the review suggests.

Associate
Everybody seems to want to give Samsung a little kick just now for not making the s4 better. I don't see how else they could? were do phones go from here?

I think the s4 is a decent upgrade from my laggy s3 and even then the s3 was great.
People say they wanted superior build quality but I've had 2 iphones that have been smashed and my s3 is still like new after a year.
I also want the SD card slot and get a bigger battery if I want plus the screen and all the other stuff they've done.

The HTC one Is a lovely phone but its HTC! If it were Samsung it would sell by the bucket load.

It just seems almost that people want to hate it because its to similar to the s3.
apples last 3 phones are all identical almost!!

Soldato
I have one pre ordered at EE that will be there Friday to pick up but I don't want to pay over the odds for it.

£36 plus £100 handset on 3G network when with chitter chatter £31 plus £39 handset.

I pre ordered it with them about a month ago. surely they will have stock on release day or somebody isn't doing there job right?

yeah, samsung.

I have a sneaky and growing feeling quite a lot of you guys might be disappointed come friday.

I spoke to my guys and they haven't had any notification of when they'll be getting stock. They're expecting the notification tomorrow but that still means 24 hours to get them into stores which isn't going to happen.

This stuff will be sim free generic stock so people buying from networks might do better but even so... they might well be constrained pretty badly for a while.

Soldato
Everybody seems to want to give Samsung a little kick just now for not making the s4 better. I don't see how else they could? were do phones go from here?

I think the s4 is a decent upgrade from my laggy s3 and even then the s3 was great.
People say they wanted superior build quality but I've had 2 iphones that have been smashed and my s3 is still like new after a year.
I also want the SD card slot and get a bigger battery if I want plus the screen and all the other stuff they've done.

The HTC one Is a lovely phone but its HTC! If it were Samsung it would sell by the bucket load.

It just seems almost that people want to hate it because its to similar to the s3.
apples last 3 phones are all identical almost!!

I think the issue is that they're "innovating" for the sake of it, rather than focusing on what the customer wants. The shiny plastic design was fine with the S2 and S3 because it was comparable with most other devices on the market (and they were superior to the competition in many other areas anyway), but it does look a little like the odd one out now it's put next to the iPhone 5 and HTC One, and I'm not sure all the S-Gimmicks will have the same effect.

I don't think it's a bad device at all, I just think Samsung have gone OTT in trying to differentiate their offering from the rest. I'd really like to see what would happen if they just went back to basics; a nicely-designed, well-built handset running stock Android (or as close to it as Samsung could get).

Associate
The whole point of android is you have the option to do things! dont like/use it, then turn the option off. Too many options, then buy an iphone!

Does anyone know if the case with the screen cut out, always has the screen on in the clock area, where the cut out is?

Associate
Just got a message from 3: "We're sorry. As Samsung have stock issues we can't deliver your S4 this friday. We're working closely with them to ensure its with you no later than 3 May." :(

Caporegime
Hhhhmm wondering whether the guy on 3 earlier was talking garbage or confused. He initially said 3rd of May because of a problem with Samsung but after I told him I had preordered a while back he said this Friday.

Associate
I preordered on the 19th(last week) they had confirmed that i would get it on the 26th. I called 3 and they told me that Samsung didn't deliver their handsets on time, so everyone that pre-ordered will get their handsets on the 3rd. Apparently its the same situation(according to 3) across every networks.

Man of Honour
OP
I did say last week that the Samsung UK launch party had been moved from the 26th to the 27th and not been expecting them to let anyone lay their hands on one before then. I bet that you'll be very lucky to get one before Monday 29th. Good luck....

Back
Top Bottom