NeverWinter

Associate
Damn my weak will! I bought it anyway :D Been playing for 90 mins and have to say this game is looking very good so far. Very polished, looks and plays great. Combat is involving(playing Guardian) and fun so far. Performance seems decent too, even in the city.

For once I knew very little about this MMO before it was available to play. I watched one walkthrough video a few months ago and it was enough for me to be interested. Since then I've read nothing about the game. So everything so far has been a nice surprise.

Really impressed so far and feels fairly different from the 'run of the mill' MMO. The combat is a lot like TERA and the quests so far remind me of the LotRO story quests. Voiced quest dialogue and set pieces help with the story, plus a few boss fights to mix things up a bit.

So its looking promising, but we'll see if it lasts.. ;)

Permabanned
Damn my weak will! I bought it anyway :D Been playing for 90 mins and have to say this game is looking very good so far. Very polished, looks and plays great. Combat is involving(playing Guardian) and fun so far. Performance seems decent too, even in the city.

For once I knew very little about this MMO before it was available to play. I watched one walkthrough video a few months ago and it was enough for me to be interested. Since then I've read nothing about the game. So everything so far has been a nice surprise.

Really impressed so far and feels fairly different from the 'run of the mill' MMO. The combat is a lot like TERA and the quests so far remind me of the LotRO story quests. Voiced quest dialogue and set pieces help with the story, plus a few boss fights to mix things up a bit.

So its looking promising, but we'll see if it lasts.. ;)

I was pretty much the same I stayed away completely never watch a vid or read a post (besides the ones on mmorpg), so went into the game completely blind.

Enjoyed it so far PvP not bad quest lines seem quite strong, time will tell!

Guild set up is easy with quite a lot of tweaks (only set it up so far not played with the settings as of yet)

Crafting slightly different well at the start

Character set up quite decent with a lot of tweaks to makes yours look special :D.

At level 18 now and have done everything with a guild group, so its being very easy levelling, done quite a bit of PvP again within the guild, won more than we lost, and was fun.

Associate
I was pretty much the same I stayed away completely never watch a vid or read a post (besides the ones on mmorpg), so went into the game completely blind.

Enjoyed it so far PvP not bad quest lines seem quite strong, time will tell!

Guild set up is easy with quite a lot of tweaks (only set it up so far not played with the settings as of yet)

Crafting slightly different well at the start

Character set up quite decent with a lot of tweaks to makes yours look special :D.

At level 18 now and have done everything with a guild group, so its being very easy levelling, done quite a bit of PvP again within the guild, won more than we lost, and was fun.

What class did you roll? I am a CW, and loving it! The combat system is great fun, more ARPG, the MMORPG. Loving the game so far.

Associate
is all of the content based in dungeons ? stupid question maybe lol

From what i've seen so far most of it is dungeons(only level 8). It's all instanced too. There are safe areas for quest hubs, where you can also see other players. But most of the questing requires you to enter an instance. Not sure what it's like later on though. I'm sure it must open up later on. I'm looking forward to seeing some nice wide open spaces to explore. It feels very linear at the moment.

If you played DDO then it's a lot like that, or the first Guild Wars in some ways.

The main draw of this game will be the custom made content I think. There are notice boards everywhere, and from these you can browse all the custom content. There are already a load of custom dungeons and adventures to try. They're rated and have comments so you can see if they're any good.

Soldato
I'd be wary of putting my faith in custom content too much, there's a ton of the stuff in Star Trek Online, but with the exception of one or two outstanding missions even the most highly voted of it seems a bit amateur.

I'm probably very picky when it comes to quality of writing and the like, but I've seen very little that comes close to the developer made stuff.

Associate
Might want to download the client today as the servers are likely to fizzle out tomorrow.
The torrent isn't moving at all so i suggest another method.

Last edited:
Permabanned
From what i've seen so far most of it is dungeons(only level 8). It's all instanced too. There are safe areas for quest hubs, where you can also see other players. But most of the questing requires you to enter an instance. Not sure what it's like later on though. I'm sure it must open up later on. I'm looking forward to seeing some nice wide open spaces to explore. It feels very linear at the moment.

If you played DDO then it's a lot like that, or the first Guild Wars in some ways.

The main draw of this game will be the custom made content I think. There are notice boards everywhere, and from these you can browse all the custom content. There are already a load of custom dungeons and adventures to try. They're rated and have comments so you can see if they're any good.

what are you on about its like a normal mmo, there are dungeons but they like most mmo's are many level s apart. first proper one is around level 22.

The game is not instanced in the normal way, you do not enter into your own instance, it works like a pool, when it reaches X amount of players it spawns a new instance of the same map, and the new people who join go into that instance, there is always plenty of people in your instance. its nothing at all like the first guild wars, boy some people speak utter rubbish!

What class did you roll? I am a CW, and loving it! The combat system is great fun, more ARPG, the MMORPG. Loving the game so far.

I rolled a DC, always go healer on my main, yup enjoying the game its good fun, we (as in The Immortals) were really kicking ass in PvP yesterday :) ..best match was a win 1000 to 15 :)

So, is there a OcUK Guild already? If not, why not ;)

We we have the most people from here in our guild, tho to be honest not that many from our guild (ones who joined from here and still come on our site) are actually in the game.

I want to play this but having a race restricted to only being available through a $200 pre order seems awful.

Its only blocked for 60 days, then everyone can roll it.

Back
Top Bottom