Cargo plane crashes in Afghanistan killing all 7 crew

Caporegime
The date on the time stamp on the video is 1/02/2013...has this only just been released then??

the clock is wrong it happened on monday

Would the BLACKBOX have a g-force sensor recording or something showing the weight of the plane shifting?

Soldato
the clock is wrong it happened on monday

Would the BLACKBOX have a g-force sensor recording or something showing the weight of the plane shifting?
Not sure, but I'm sure it would show the attitude of the plane changing along with the position of the control surfaces and pilot controls to determine whether it was pilot input, faulty control surfaces, or something else (load shift).

Soldato
Good lord thats awful, the fact it almost leveled out before hitting the ground suggests the load was insecure possibly, you can even hear the engines at full tilt just before it started to roll and turn towards mother earth

RIP to all 7 onboard.

Soldato
Why is there no sound from the plane but sounds inside the car ? A 747 at max thrust on takeoff stalling would make the most horrendous noise and also the impact with the ground.

There is something not quite right with the video. The plane stalling looks wrong to me. A 747 produces a huge amount of thrust on takeoff would a load shift cause it to fall like that ? Also his wheels are still down which would say to me that there was issues as it took off. The wheels are raised asap to reduce drag. If it was a load shift I would guess it happened as it lifted off the runway.

Will be interesting to see the investigation but if it's a military plane it might not get released or not the full story anyway.

Man of Honour
^^ Plane is further away than it looks and seems to be a fairly strong wind moving away from the vehicle towards the plane and somewhat left to right which may have contributed to both the accident and the sound not carrying.

From a really rough guess I'd say it was a combination of change in external environment wind/pressure and the load shifting significantly - pretty much any other likely factors would have resulted in either a far more violent (with the plane likely breaking up before hitting the ground) or far less violent turn.

Last edited:
Soldato
^^ Plane is further away than it looks and seems to be a fairly strong wind moving away from the vehicle towards the plane and somewhat left to right which may have contributed to both the accident and the sound not carrying.

From a really rough guess I'd say it was a combination of change in external environment wind/pressure and the load shifting significantly - pretty much any other likely factors would have resulted in either a far more violent (with the plane likely breaking up before hitting the ground) or far less violent turn.

Seems it was filmed from inside an armored car with a 7" thick windscreen which would hide most noises.

Soldato
I suppose therevarent many other things that would make it go straight up like that other than a shifting load. You can almost see the centre of gravity switching, from the back, to the right, to the front. RIP.

Back
Top Bottom