Plusnet Discussion Thread

Associate
I'm a Plusnet customer, stuck on ADSL with a BT Wholesale exchange getting a woeful 1.2 MBit connection. Thankfully BT just won a contract to upgrade the whole of Cambridgeshire to Superfast Broadband. My home is only a year old and even though Virgin Media have fibre running within 200 yards of the house, it is business only, not residential. The fibre that runs past my house actually feeds my workplace with a 100 MBit connection so you can imagine my frustrations!

I'm really pleased with the way Plusnet deal with customers. I contacted them about the county wide upgrade taking place. They said as soon as the exchange was on fibre that they could switch me over to it within 10 days. Is this a realistic timeframe?

We had broadband with BT and Sky initially, but using a little bit of cleverness, identified that they were both carrying out serious traffic shaping (aka fcking with what little bandwidth I had!) on the line and a paid feature of Plusnet gives all of my traffic maximum priority.

I know that this won't make much of a difference when fibre actually arrives and knowing that the cabinet is only 75 yards from my doorstep (for FTTC) is almost as good as having FTTP :)

All I have to do is sit and wait...and wait..and wait. Apparently 'Before the end of 2014' should see me with some decent broadband again.

Soldato
Associate
I'm really pleased with the way Plusnet deal with customers. I contacted them about the county wide upgrade taking place. They said as soon as the exchange was on fibre that they could switch me over to it within 10 days. Is this a realistic timeframe?

10 days is a reasonable average to quote where booking an FTTC install is concerned. Having said that, it's dependent on your cabinet being upgraded as well as your exchange. Some cabinets on fibre-enabled exchanges don't get upgraded and some lines close to the exchange aren't served by cabinets at all (I notice yours is though).

Will Plusnet be offering BT Sport at all? (being a BT owned company you would think this could be an option)

http://www.bt.com/sport/3-ways-to-watch-bt-sport.html

Far too early to say. We're in the early stages of TV trials with staff and are excited about the opportunities this will extend to our customers in the near future. There are not no fixed timings for a public launch.

Regards,

Soldato
my £36 plusnet cashback from top cash back showing as declined by merchant :(

Did you enter a referrer when signing up? I don't think this is permitted when claiming cashback.

For anybody else with cashback enquiries, you may find this helpful.

Those with speed or connectivity complaints need to report a fault first if they haven't done already. If you have and you're not happy with how things are progressing then post your fault ticket reference and I'll take a quick look when I get a minute.

Regards,

Hi Bob thanks for your response, I didn't do any referrals when signing up via top cash back. I just clicked on the link from the top cash back site which took me to the plusnet order page where I than placed my order

Soldato
Whilst I'm more than happy with my speeds so far, my web browsing seems to have taken a hit somehow! Most of my sites now seem to take ages to load. Not changed anything so not sure what's happening.

Associate
Mine seems to be the same when browsing wirelessly. Takes a few seconds to load, but then when it does, it's instant. This is even in the same room as the router.
Browsing on PC which it linked via ethernet (well, powerline) is perfectly fine.

Soldato
Had mine connected this morning. Very happy.

2707120525.png

Associate
Ours was connected yesterday, estimated speed of 61mbps down 16mbps up, currently on 73mbps down and 17mbps up.

I can honestly say I have never dealt with an ISP who are more friendly and helpful.

Associate
Ours was connected yesterday, estimated speed of 61mbps down 16mbps up, currently on 73mbps down and 17mbps up.

I can honestly say I have never dealt with an ISP who are more friendly and helpful.

Similar story here: the Openreach engineer appeared at 8am yesterday and installed everything quickly and cleanly. My Plusnet activation was then supposed to happen at 12 midnight, but after an easy call to their support desk at lunch time I was activated there and then.

My speeds are currently syncing at a steady 73 down and 16 up, so I'm more than happy considering I was quoted 60/20. I'll cross my fingers that the speed remains constant over the 10 day training period.

Associate
Similar story here: the Openreach engineer appeared at 8am yesterday and installed everything quickly and cleanly. My Plusnet activation was then supposed to happen at 12 midnight, but after an easy call to their support desk at lunch time I was activated there and then.

My speeds are currently syncing at a steady 73 down and 16 up, so I'm more than happy considering I was quoted 60/20. I'll cross my fingers that the speed remains constant over the 10 day training period.

As far as i'm aware there isn't a training period for fibre, I asked the open reach engineer and he confirmed this, time will tell.

Soldato
There may not be a training period, but mine has slowed over the last few weeks. I am now getting what I was told I would get, though for the first couple of weeks I was getting more than 20gb faster downloads.

I've been throttled. :(

Soldato
There may not be a training period, but mine has slowed over the last few weeks. I am now getting what I was told I would get, though for the first couple of weeks I was getting more than 20gb faster downloads.

Mine has been the same the last few days.

My connection was a steady 68mbps and now it's about 40mbps... don't know wy it's slowed though???

Back
Top Bottom