**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Associate
After 14 months of flawless performance (minus the PCI X-fi issue), i started getting the USB surge errors popping up.

I reinstalled the latest USB 3.0 drivers from Intel and it was still appearing.

I uninstalled the 3.0 Drivers yesterday and so far the errors have stopped.

Probably a stupid question but, is the only reason to have the USB 3.0 drivers installed if you have a 3.0 Hard drive?

OcUK Staff
You just need a good CPU to do 5ghz on any of the half decent boards which the Giga you mention is. Those that boot windows at 5ghz with 1.25v are the ones you need. I have 8 CPU that do this easy and some more.

Soldato
OP
Front page is up-to-date again, updates as follows:

Updated the original post to include the latest F15r beta bios that came out back in February.
BIOS Flashing via USB Flash Stick/Drive - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide" >> Click Here

WARNING:- DO NOT USE THE WINDOWS @BIOS!! METHOD TO UPDATE YOUR BIOS, HIGH RISK OF BIOS FAILIURE!

Latest Beta BIOS >> BIOS ID: F15r
  • [F15r] Improve system compatibility.
  • [F15q] Improve system stability.
  • [F15q] Enhance memory capability.
  • [F15o] Improve LAN compatibility.
  • [F15m] Fix Marvell controllers; for the 6/7 ports.
  • [F15k] Improve memory compatibility (added Data Read/Write Slew Rate)
  • [F15k] RAID Rom 11.6.0.1702
  • [F15k] Bootlogo changed (BIOS text)
  • [F15k] Win 8 boot
  • [F15k] Fix hotplug with RST
  • [F15d] Changes Unknown - Will update when more information available.
  • [F15c] Changes Unknown - Will update when more information available.
  • [F15t] Fix OC display in BIOS
  • [F12] Improve system compatibility
  • [F10x] Improve memory compatibility This Bios improves the memory overclocks, when using Samsung Green Dual/Quad Channel Kits >> Buy @ OcUK
  • [F10] Improve system compatibility
  • [F9q] Improve system compatibility
  • [F10a] No info as yet (Added Internal CPU PLL overvoltage setting - which was added in f9d but removed in f9e f9f f9h f9i)
  • [F9i] Fix XMP bug
  • [F9h] Improve system compatibility
  • [F9e] Fix saving/loading profiles from USB
  • [F9d] Improved LSI Raid card detection
  • [F9d] Added Internal CPU PLL overvoltage setting
  • [F9d] Improved Graphic Vcore setting (VAXG)
  • [F9c] New feature: Legacy Benchmark Enhancement
  • [F9a] Improve LSI compatibility
  • Release Date: 25th February 2013
DISCLAIMER:
Gigabyte will not be held responsible or liable for any damage made with using a BETA BIOS.
Please proceed with discretion and do not attempt to use unless you know what you are doing!

Also new utility/driver updates, as of 18th May 2013.

Utility
  • Lucidlogix VIRTU MVP v2.1.224 *NEW* >> Click Here
Drivers
  • Atheros LAN Driver v2.1.0.15 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel LAN Driver v18.3 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel ME Driver v9.0.2.1345 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel PCH Driver v9.4.0.1017 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel RST v12.6.0.1033 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel® Smart Connect Technology v4.1.40.2143 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel USB 3.0 Driver v1.0.8.251 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel VGA Driver v9.17.10.3062 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Realtek HD Audio Driver v6.0.1.6662 (R2.71) *NEW* >> Click Here

Soldato
Front page is up-to-date again, updates as follows:

Updated the original post to include the latest F15r beta bios that came out back in February.

Also new utility/driver updates, as of 18th May 2013.

Utility
  • Lucidlogix VIRTU MVP v2.1.224 *NEW* >> Click Here
Drivers
  • Atheros LAN Driver v2.1.0.15 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel LAN Driver v18.3 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel ME Driver v9.0.2.1345 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel PCH Driver v9.4.0.1017 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel RST v12.6.0.1033 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel® Smart Connect Technology v4.1.40.2143 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel USB 3.0 Driver v1.0.8.251 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel VGA Driver v9.17.10.3062 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Realtek HD Audio Driver v6.0.1.6662 (R2.71) *NEW* >> Click Here

Worth noting if you upgrade to this latest version of Intel RST, SSD Toolbox 3.1.2 which is the latest version but from last year will not be able to optimise it. I'm seeing 'The Intel SSD Toolbox cannot communicate with the selected Intel SSD.
Consider changing to another storage driver compatible with your system and try the tool again.'

Associate
Does anyone actually use LucidLogix Virtu MVP, does it make any improvements?

I did install it originally but couldn't see that it really did very much or could figure out what it was supposed to do in the first place :confused:

If you got any of the recent generations of graphics card, then it's not really worth using - the gain is negligible and you can encounter some compatibility issues if a game isn't supported meaning you'd have to turn it off anyway.

It all depends on your system really.

Associate
I'm not sure if this features in this thread, but here's a tip for this board. To cut a long story short, I noticed that my CPU was always at about 40+% load with two cores being used most of the time, even when the system was idle. I discovered that one process was responsible (httpd.exe). A bit of searching and I discovered this was associated with the Marvel Tool Tray. I had installed this when installing the Marvel drivers without really knowing what it does. I decided I didn't need it so uninstalled it and sure enough, my CPU load has dropped to virtually nil when idle.

Take-home message: If you have accidentally installed the Marvel Tool Tray when installing the Marvel drivers, and you don't need the Tool Tray, uninstall it as it's a system hog.

Associate
Just had a email saying they have tested my board and found no fault with the usb ports so now im stumped, I have been getting power surge on my ports aswell so could it be a problem with my psu, I have had it for a few years now its a corsair ax850

or has anyone else had this problem and has managed to sort it out

Thanks

Associate
Just had a email saying they have tested my board and found no fault with the usb ports so now im stumped, I have been getting power surge on my ports aswell so could it be a problem with my psu, I have had it for a few years now its a corsair ax850

or has anyone else had this problem and has managed to sort it out

Thanks

I got that problem a few days ago too. I "solved" it by removing the Intel USB 3.0 Drivers.

Associate
They and the board don't seem to get on well. In my case mouse button holds would get interupted and be interpreted as a dbl click. Appeared straight after I installed the intel usb3 drivers and dissappeared after I removed them.

Back
Top Bottom