NeverWinter

Permabanned
my room mate was playing this. But after exploit got out well....
This game is ****ed now since exploit was working since day 1.

So will they roll back to day 0 ??
NOPE so game is broken forever.......

Associate
why not just open new servers ? the problem is not the game, just the exploit.

The whole plan was to merge the servers, so it wouldn't fix the big issue, just postpone it.

Isn't this still effectively in beta? Does that give them the option to wipe and restart?

Or have I got that wrong..

It is, by name but they did say no wipes. I don't know what they will do. I do know they refused to do a wipe on RaiderZ.

Soldato
I've really really enjoyed this game, but if they don't do a full wipe i don't think i'll carry on playing. It could have been going on from release very quietly but only come out properly today, so either way the market is fubared and the game is in a bad place.

Shame i really liked it for what it was, it wasn't amazing by any means but a good enough game to sink some time into and have a laugh with friends while playing.

Associate
The way I see it, if they did a full wipe they would have to refund all the Zen purchased for this game. Huge exercise, but they should have the records to do it. The problem is, if I understand correctly, they would be giving up two weeks (that is how long the Beta has been running for? I forget) of revenue. They must have made loads from this game already and I don't think they would want to do this.

If they do a full wipe then they risk people leaving as effort would be lost, even if Zen was returned. However if they do not do a full wipe then they may loose customers. So damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I personally think that with either option people would return after they get over it. I would personally prefer full wipe as, while it would be annoying, I would get over it; we have only been playing for two weeks after all and it is an MMO. I would certainly not mind leveling again two much tbh. However I only got to level 30, I can imagine if someone had got a toon or two to 60, and sunk in some real cash and time for the trouble, would feel differently.

Soldato
How would they loose two weeks of revenue if they just gave everybody their zen back that they bought and did a full wipe? You will get some who want a refund because they cant be bothered doing it all again, but you'll also get a load who want to carry on.

In the long term a wipe is more beneficial considering the game has only been live for what 2 weeks. It'll allow the market to work as it should and not be so inflated in price and so saturated with all the exploited best in slot gear.

Whatever they do now they will loose players, but if they do not wipe then they run the risk of people who continue playing not wanting to spend ££$$. So in the long run it might not work out well for them.

Soldato
Just been reading up on the exploit and it seems all people had to do was put -333333333333333333333333 AD bids on an item using the 'gateway' and they would instantly get the AD !! endless currency !!

It was even brought to their attention weeks ago and they never fixed it :rolleyes:

I just want them to do a full wipe, ban everyone who used the exploit.

Associate
How would they loose two weeks of revenue if they just gave everybody their zen back that they bought and did a full wipe? You will get some who want a refund because they cant be bothered doing it all again, but you'll also get a load who want to carry on.

In the long term a wipe is more beneficial considering the game has only been live for what 2 weeks. It'll allow the market to work as it should and not be so inflated in price and so saturated with all the exploited best in slot gear.

Whatever they do now they will loose players, but if they do not wipe then they run the risk of people who continue playing not wanting to spend ££$$. So in the long run it might not work out well for them.

The way I see it, yes they would still keep the cash, they are not refunding, however they are literally starting the clock again like the last two weeks never happened. Effectively the people with the refunded money, if they repeated their experience they will spend the same amount in two weeks, so no/less revenue for Cryptic for two weeks. Add to that, the fact that people may hang onto their cash as they want to see how the game pans/stabilises out following the problems, you have a situation where you have lost a load one way or another.

Soldato
The way I see it, yes they would still keep the cash, they are not refunding, however they are literally starting the clock again like the last two weeks never happened. Effectively the people with the refunded money, if they repeated their experience they will spend the same amount in two weeks, so no/less revenue for Cryptic for two weeks. Add to that, the fact that people may hang onto their cash as they want to see how the game pans/stabilises out following the problems, you have a situation where you have lost a load one way or another.

Well they have stated on twitter there will be no full wipe, i for one don't think i'll be going back to the game now. I enjoy it but this exploit has been around since the start of the game and was in another game of theirs.

I just have no faith in the company at all now, if they have allowed it to happen again and some of the other game breaking exploits to get this far and will not fix the bugs and wipe to fix the market then it will not last long at all.

Associate
Yes I see that they have stated no wipe. I think I will continue to play as I enjoy the game play and setting. I was definitely a casual user just making a bit of AC on the side by flogging the odd drop and materials on the AH.

I think the game will still be alright and fun to play, however I don't think I will be able to shake the feeling that I am investing my time into a broken product, whether I use the features affected or not.

Soldato
Yeah i will not be able to shake the feeling of playing something broken now, if it had been one exploit that was new then it could have been sorted. It's not the case though and you can see with the reddit post further up listing all the exploits found and reported in closed beta. Some of them are absolutely game breaking and completely and utterly cripple the economy, in the end the only way to bring things in line are to fix the exploits and do a full wipe.

In the end it may still be classed as an "open beta" but it defiantly isn't with no wipes, fully working cash shop, founders packs etc which are all live. It's even listed on their main website (not the NW site) as a "live" game. In the end it's classed as one to cover their backsides if anything big were to happen like right now with all these exploits.

If they want to stick by that though then it will only bring them problems as people will do charge backs due to the game not being released and changing their minds which is perfectly reasonable due to the game not "officially" being released.

Even if i do not go back, i hope they fix the problems and turn it into the game that it could have been. It's got a solid base which can be worked on and if done properly could be a good game, just being held back by PWE.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom