NeverWinter

Associate
Yes, I think will ask for the money I spent on ZEN to be returned or do a charge-back. There are billions of AD in exploited money out there which makes my purchases pretty useless.

Soldato
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones - I only started playing a week or so ago and had only levelled up to around level 10 before the roll back took me back to level 7!

I'm still enjoying the game though but I've just hit level 11 and it's opened up a "Professions" part of the game!?!?

Can anyone give me a brief rundown of what this is and how it works? I've had a quick look but all of the professions seem to start at level 2 so I'm not high enough to do anything yet!?!?

Sorry if this is a bit of a basic question but I've yet to find an "idiots guide" to this game so I'm learning as I go!

Soldato
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones - I only started playing a week or so ago and had only levelled up to around level 10 before the roll back took me back to level 7!

I'm still enjoying the game though but I've just hit level 11 and it's opened up a "Professions" part of the game!?!?

Can anyone give me a brief rundown of what this is and how it works? I've had a quick look but all of the professions seem to start at level 2 so I'm not high enough to do anything yet!?!?

Sorry if this is a bit of a basic question but I've yet to find an "idiots guide" to this game so I'm learning as I go!

They ALL start at lvl 0. To get started, click one and then higher your first artisan in that profession. After that more parts open up.

What you're seeing are most likely the rare profession recipes that come and go and are of all sorts of levels.

Go to the market and buy the basic items to start gathering and making things. It really is all explained by Sgt Knox and the quest he gives you.

Soldato
Also some of the professions are more suited for a class like leatherwork gives items for the trickster rogue, leadership seems to be for chests/xp so its for all, you can pick and choose though, get 1 upto lvl 3 and you unlock an other slot then i think its char lvl 30 for another or 3 professions at lvl 3 depending on whats 1st.

Soldato
Thanks guys!

To be honest I've got a 5-week old baby to look after so when I have jumped on Neverwinter I've tended to just real the salient points and do the quests rather than listen to all the blurb that come with them!

Looks like I'll be doing a lot more reading to better understand things!

Associate
Yes there is depth to certain things, and it isn't immediately obvious how things work.
So have the exploiters all be sorted?

Doesn't look like it. ZEN/AD balance on Dragon server at least is still higher than it was before the AD exploit became public.

Some were caught but probably not the ones who were smart enough to quietly do this from yhe start and use Mules / selling on AH, etc to cover their tracks.

Associate
I'm really enjoying this game, people are annoyed at the economy at the moment, but theres plenty of stuff to do, just enjoy the game for what it is, questing, pvping and raiding etc, theres plenty of excellent features in this game, especially the foundry, sure it's annoying with rollbacks etc, but its only in beta atm, it should get sorted out with time ( hopefully ) other than that its a great game.

Associate
I find the PVP in this game quite boring most the time, it's just back and forth over the central pillar ad nauseam.

Sometimes you get some fun exchanges though, has been a few exciting moments, but most of it is just so tedious and repetitive!

I've not played a whole lot of it though to be fair, didn't really inspire me to come back to it.

Soldato
I've been spending a lot of my time in PvP at the moment on my GF. Don't do too much damage, but run around knocking people down so the team can kill them off.

I've not even touched on the PvP yet - I assume it's pretty straight forward the same as the combat in PvE??

Also, is it just me or does everyone read "GF" in these posts and thinks "girl friend" :p It really changes the connotations of the sentence!!! :D

Soldato
Really enjoyed and afternoon playing that. Got a trickster rogue to just under level 11. Pretty fun! Shame about the stealth mechanic being only a short time which is annoying.

Not sure if I want to try any other classes out as I am always more attracted to the DPS classes.

Back
Top Bottom