Woolwich serious incident

Man of Honour
Canada is also full of immigrants. But they aren't Muslim so they don't have this issue. There are many asians but of the Chinese variety as well as south Americans. I knew a family who were political refugees from el Salvador.

I think you might be somewhat surprised by the religious and ethnic make-up of Canada. It is a place with a huge variety of cultures, especially in the larger cities. For reference their 2011 Census states that the population is approximately 3.2% Muslim (Wikipedia) and Britain is probably around 4-5% Muslim - it's not a huge disparity.

And they all get along nicely don't they. That's what I like.

Not really, Canada is a great country and I'd happily go back but to say it's without problems would be a position that I couldn't support as it's simply untrue.

Caporegime
Just seen this as well :(

British Soldier jailed for stabbing 10 year old Afghan boy

This world is just messed :(

Mad. just read that and it appears that he got so drunk after drinking a bottle of vodka that he needed medical treatment and then wasn't allowed his rifle when he went out on patrol so he snuck 2 hand granades and a knife with him before he stabbed the kid?

What the hell were they doing even letting him go out on patrol if he wasn't fit which clearly he wasn't as they didn;t trust him with a rifle?

Permabanned
Mad. just read that and it appears that he got so drunk after drinking a bottle of vodka that he needed medical treatment and then wasn't allowed his rifle when he went out on patrol so he snuck 2 hand granades and a knife with him before he stabbed the kid?

What the hell were they doing even letting him go out on patrol if he wasn't fit which clearly he wasn't as they didn;t trust him with a rifle?

I know, it makes little to no sense. I hope there's a full investigation into the people letting him out on patrol...

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Well for a start it would be easier to integrate if misinformed people like yourself didn't think the above and create tension between religions/races .

As much as I hate to defend The Running Man he did say that in response to a post from one f the Muslims on the boards that would like the UK to be an Islamic nation.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Well for a start it would be easier to integrate if misinformed people like yourself didn't think the above and create tension between religions/races .

I don't think he's misinformed. he deliberately does this to create division same as the edl and jihadi scum.

Commissario
Why can't you guys just get on FOR ONCE?!?!?!

Blackhawk I can't see any value you've added to this thread so either post something constructive or don't post at all.

Soldato
Anyone have any theories how the car ended up in the opposite direction ? [ Remember this is a double red route, being a major road in London. ]

I cannot see them driving on the other side of the road hunting for a victim which would mean cutting through a road full of busy traffic head on, impossible on 2 counts -

1 - Scouting for a victim in the opposite direction

2 - Cutting through head on traffic

The only thing I can think of is the car waiting on the pavement for the victim. It would also explain the head on collision with the road signs.

NZB

NZB

Associate
Soldato
Well getting a high value target along with the best possible location would have the same odds as winning the lottery

I find it hard to believe that people watch and film this event as it unfolds and made no attempt to help this poor lad, shameful.

Rip Lee Rigby

There be gold in selling media like this - afterall we are programmed to the free market from day one. However I must feel sorry for the chavs who directly uploaded and lost all their rights :D

Permabanned
Religious folk aren't responsible for the actions of others just because they're part of the same religion.

Same way white folk aren't responsible for the actions of white folk, and so on.

I think "am I my brothers keeper?" suggests otherwise?
And as part of society I am responsible for the actions of others, if by neglect I do nothing in the face of wrong-doing. Such as being made aware of child abuse say.

Where this falls down is that the security services may be aware of the people involved in radicalising young Muslims, but we don't have anything in law to do much about it. Asking Muslims to do the same job may not help that much.

Your reply to Robgum may be incorrect, he stated that many Muslims (of his aquaintence) wanted people to convert to Islam (and as a prosthelytizing religion the same would be true of any Christian believer ).

A survey suggests that 40% wanted Sharia law (not the same point, but as you said, related)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ls-40pc-of-Muslims-want-sharia-law-in-UK.html

Permabanned
Because a 500 person survey is so representative of the Muslim population...

This is an ICM opinion poll, I'm sure they know more about creating a statistically significant poll than you do.
If you check their other polls for other topics, they also used a maximum of 500 people.

Given that I'm backing up Robs experience from a 100 Muslims, then I'm sure there is some truth here. Feel free to dismiss anything that doesn't fit with your personal view though, because you are bound to be correct (sample of 1).

How about a sample of 1003 Muslims?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/jan/29/thinktanks.religion

37% in favour.

I'm not really seeking to make a point here, I'm just trying to correct what I see as a possible mistake made earlier in the thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom