Woolwich serious incident

Permabanned
Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Oh but your just taking it the wrong way, your reading it wrong. It's not meant to be literal.

Then don't bloody use it as a Religious guide then.

Not sure of the exact verse but:

He who kills an innocent kills the entire human race.

Also from the Qu'ran. Isn't selective quoting FUN.

Permabanned
All this because of religion? What a waste of a life and a terrible act for people to witness.

Barbaric, and as such should carry barbaric punishment. You know the torture treatment they used to use in the dark ages? I am sure as heck putting them through the devices they used to use would stop quite a lot of people wanting to commit such acts. You know if they get caught over here they will have a very easy ride locked up for the rest of there life, no wrong doings due to human rights. Human rights should not apply to people of this nature.

Religion, what a load of rubbish. Fools the lot of you believing in a God when Science can and has proven life. Not a GOD!

Man of Honour
Not sure of the exact verse but:

He who kills an innocent kills the entire human race.

Also from the Qu'ran. Isn't selective quoting FUN.

About as fun as misleading, confusing and downright contradictory religious texts!

All this because of religion? What a waste of a life and a terrible act for people to witness.

Nope. All this because of two barbarians.

Soldato
Great article. With all due respect to the forces, and speaking purely from conjecture, I imagine that a lot of them become somewhat radical in their views towards people from the Middle East while they serve out there. It's good to hear the views of somebody who has actually served there, and has a balanced viewpoint.

It's the sort of article which, if it was read by everyone, could go a long way towards everyone getting on better, and Maccy getting some rest!

My uncle spent months over there building peaceful ties with villages, got them clean water, built infrastructure. Left for a week and the Taliban pillaged it. That was our fault.

We didn't protect them see. So if we leave, we are the villains. If we stay we are the villains.

Until you actually know what happens over there, and not just rely on daily newspapers and other forms of mainstream media, you will never understand this conflict and how it relates to our way of life.

Even the muppets over here committing these acts don't get it.

Soldato
You must not be Muslim then. Hate to break it to you :(

The vast majority of Muslims don't want to change the country, its fine as it is. Only the few extremists do who get all the media attention.

Good to see Boris Johnson got is head in gear by saying we must make a very clear distinction between Islam and Islamic Extremists who twist the religion into their own needs.

I lived with Muslims for years and none of them preached hate, they are proud to be British.

Threads like these always get out of hand and people here get all excited when there is Muslims involved in the news. People here should learn not to label all Muslims as evil just because of the actions of a few.

Permabanned
About as fun as misleading, confusing and downright contradictory religious texts!

Nope. All this because of two barbarians.

Have you seen what he was saying?

There are many, many ayah throughout the Koran [referring to religious

verses] that says we must fight them as they fight us, an eye for an eye

and a tooth for a tooth. I apologize that women had to witness this

today but in our land women have to see the same. You people will never

be safe. Remove your government, they don’t care about you."

Edit the link, sorry. Had a video.

Permabanned
It makes no difference whatsoever. It clearly states in this crackerjack book of lunacy to kill non-believers.

Religion is filth.

And confirmed to not listen to anything but what you agree with.

I interpreted my tesco receipt to say that I need to kill someone. BAN TESCO. KICK THEM OUT.

Well if they were following the same book then they would just say he wasn't innocent as he was a soldier (same as craterloads has been saying)

Don't be facetious, you know exactly what I meant by that.

Soldato
And confirmed to not listen to anything but what you agree with.

I interpreted my tesco receipt to say that I need to kill someone. BAN TESCO. KICK THEM OUT.

Don't be facetious, you know exactly what I meant by that.

UMADBRO, Check MM (sorry for being off topic)

Soldato
Turns out he was a month younger than me and also has a 2 year old son like me! I hope when his little boy grows up he finds the two responsible and kills them both. That is exactly what I would want my son to do had it been me!

So you would want your son to seek revenge and then spend he rest of his life in prison.. Yeah cheers dad

Soldato
Really good article written by an ex soldier here. Highlight snippets:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/23/woolwich-attack-british-foreign-policy-role

The sad thing is when all the hysteria has blown over in a weeks time, nothing will change. The gov will continue with its bloody and imperialistic foreign policy, Muslim will continue getting enraged, with some nutter trying to do x,y,z, and far right groups growing and causing trouble. Another case of tom, dick and harry getting screwed by men in suits in parliament and the lobbies that influence them. They already talking about pushing through the snooping bill, so the rest of us will lose more of our privacy thanks to a handful group of people.

Very good article. I am also surprised that this type of incident has not happened more. British foreign policy continually alienates others round the world, even when we are not acting as America's poodle. It was not that long ago that a court case about British troops torturing in Kenya. Also happened in Aden, Palestine etc. etc.

As long as we go overseas and mistreat others some will do the same to us.

Back
Top Bottom