• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*****NVIDIA GTX 780 IS HERE & IN STOCK - GET ONE TODAY!!**

Associate
If we think this is bad wait until next week when the gtx680,sorry 770 is released at £430+ lol.
Anyway can the 780 owners stay off the forum and actually use their new toys.
If I had one I would currently be in my pc cave thrashing it and not on a forum defending the price of it.
Just bought the missus a new dyson,don't think she's on the vacuum forums trying to justify the price and if she is I will tell her to get back to the vacuuming.
Btw anyone selling a 670?

Soldato
Weird huh... I have noticed that 3DVision works better on Nvidia cards.

It proves my point that nvidia's 3d support excluding 3dvision is not as good as amd's. I think it's tommy that's more clued up on this so if you need a schooling ask him. Anyhow you tried to make me look foolish and did not succeed with your twisting of my words.. Now go away and onto your next quest.

Caporegime
It proves my point that nvidia's 3d support excluding 3dvision is not as good as amd's. I think it's tommy that's more clued up on this so if you need a schooling ask him. Anyhow you tried to make me look foolish and did not succeed with your twisting of my words.. Now go away and onto your next quest.

But you are talking about something you clearly have no idea on and then when you are pulled on it, you get all defensive. I think you made yourself look foolish and didn't require my help.

Soldato
But you are talking about something you clearly have no idea on and then when you are pulled on it, you get all defensive. I think you made yourself look foolish and didn't require my help.

I clearly did have some idea on it as i read a lot and google. I got one thing wrong and that was LoL did not support tri-def. Amd clearly does have better support for tri-def as they are open sourced with there 3d support. I asked the op questions and Andy corrected me on the LoL support. Get a grip man we all make mistakes now and then.

Edit: I was not even wrong on league of legends as it seems tri-def do support it.

http://www.tridef.com/download/TriDef-3D-latest.html

Improved support for various other games including Assassin's Creed III, Batman: Arkham City, StarCraft 2, Google Earth and League of Legends.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it's tommy that's more clued up on this so if you need a schooling ask him.

People do take notice then.:D

Tridef:

Can cost as little as $25.

Works on any native 3D source(TV's/Projectors/Monitors).

Can work with either Nvidia/AMD.

Don't have to purchase a 3D vision kit:

~£440 7950 CrossFire setup+$25 for Tridef.

Equivalent Nvidia 3d vision setup:

~£580 670 SLi+£85 for 3D vision.

League of Legends, does work with Tridef btw.

Some prefer 3D vision, some prefer Tridef, it's up to the individual what's 'better', as I haven't used Nvidia 3D, I can't comment, but I have noticed two users comments@OcUK that have used both at length and it was one a piece.

Although why did 3D get brought into the equation?:confused:

Soldato
People do take notice then.:D

Tridef:

Can cost as little as $25.

Works on any native 3D source(TV's/Projectors/Monitors).

Can work with either Nvidia/AMD.

Don't have to purchase a 3D vision kit:

~£440 7950 CrossFire setup+$25 for Tridef.

Equivalent Nvidia 3d vision setup:

~£580 670 SLi+£85 for 3D vision.

League of Legends, does work with Tridef.

Some prefer 3D vision, some prefer Tridef, it's up to the individual what's 'better', as I haven't used Nvidia 3D, I can't comment, but I have noticed two users comments@OcUK that have used both at length and it was one a piece.

Although why did 3D get brought into the equation?:confused:

Greg decided to try and make me look like a fool about advice i gave around 2 weeks to a month ago and it nows seems my advice was fine and his was not.

Soldato
You could be mature about it and just leave it. You're only edging and encouraging each other on with the argument.

You are right mate but hes called me out and tried to make me look like a fool as he tries to do with others. It's time he left it for a change.

Anyhow i am off to the pub to have a few.

Last edited:
Associate
You may not feel ripped off but you definitely have been. Nvidia must be loving how they're taking advantage of this moment.

Nope, I have not been ripped off because I have enough money not to care - I just got the GPU which will be the best for my needs, price doesn't really figure into it. But, anyway, that's irrelevant because I feel that I have got a good deal - I honestly couldn't care less about whether other people think I've been ripped off, they can worry about it all they like, doesn't affect me.

Soldato
Nope, I have not been ripped off because I have enough money not to care - I just got the GPU which will be the best for my needs, price doesn't really figure into it. But, anyway, that's irrelevant because I feel that I have got a good deal - I honestly couldn't care less about whether other people think I've been ripped off, they can worry about it all they like, doesn't affect me.

And this is a reason why Nvidia and AMD may keep on raising the cost of these cards.

Yay :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom