DC Vault

Soldato
OP
I noticed you have been slogging away on PSP, nice work, I'll try to add some cores myself to reduce your sentence :) and I agree, the one after next is a long way off, probably the only one stompable would be the Goobee team, I can see the rest of them putting up a fight if we ever got close.

Man of Honour
I'm currently only contributing to Milkyway, YoYo and Cosmology@home.

Of the three Milkyway is getting the most focus because the hardware I have for it is ideal. Yoyo I've climbed 1,526 places in the last month, and Cosmology 1,756 but my output is only 2.5-3K per day for each one.

As you know I primarily do folding, however I've also thrown my other Milkyway hardware at mining currently to desperately offset some of the leccy costs.

So are there any other more worthy to the cause projects I should be looking at instead?

Associate
Started doing a bit of Docking recently as it looks like an easy option for points. Perhaps threre are better targets? Concentrated efforts such as with Asteroids are good for quick gains but its all about maintaining position too.

Still limeted to CPU work atm though. Possibility of upgrades for my birthday though.

Man of Honour
LOL

Just checked my laptop and I'm actually running

rosetta
Docking
Seti
Cosmology
GPUGrid
yoyo

Just some of them are running REALLY SLOWLY (and shouting) :D

Last edited:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Asteroids we are well down, something like 33rd now. But we'd need a lot of output to make up ground as our average says we should be much lower than that. Overall though we aren't doing that badly.

There is an element that being BOINC with so many projects to choose from people will do the ones of interest to them rather than doing the ones that help this particular stats manipulation thing. Indeed for this there are some less popular projects that a couple of participants have the potential to make big gains.

Associate
Indeed for this there are some less popular projects that a couple of participants have the potential to make big gains.

Agreed. And we do very well on the most popular projects, the weighting is a little off for points but on the other hand the Vault does get people helping out on the less "Cool" projects which can only be a good thing (as long as there all good Science).

I'm just happy to move from project to project where needed and offer the little power i can. Theres no way i can make a huge impact with the hardware at my disposal. That said my lovely wife is buying me a GTX 650 Ti for my birthday so that might help me gain a couple of point in a suitable project.

Back
Top Bottom