Does anyone else use a bedroom fan?

Soldato
My room is only small and it's getting very hot lately, making it uncomfortable to sleep. I have never invested in a fan before so I took a look online and purchased a Honeywell HT900E. It was cheaper than expected but I'm worried it won't have the impact I'm looking for.

So my question is, do any of you use a fan in your bedroom and do you really feel 'cooler' for it?

Cheers

Soldato
Yep, but I can't sleep if the fan is on, and I can't sleep if it's too hot.

Usually have window wide open (insect-mesh!!) and fan on for 20mins before going to bed.

Caporegime
Yes, I have two windows open and a fan on at the moment. I couldn't sleep in the heat otherwise. It definitely makes me feel cooler.

The noise doesn't bother me personally, I sleep in the same room as two PC's which fold 24/7 anyway. The fan makes things even louder, but it hasn't made a difference to me getting to sleep.

I appreciate that some people couldn't possibly sleep with all that noise though haha.

Man of Honour
Nope, just open the window if it gets a bit warm - so basically, never in this country! :D

However, when I go to hot countries, having a ceiling fan, or a fan, does make a noticeable difference. :)

Soldato
I do and yes I feel cooler. Downside is I have to have it on all year round as I "need" the sound of it to help me sleep.

I get the same problem. Once the summer starts I need the fan on. Then when it cools down it takes a few sleepless nights to adjust again to sleeping without the fan noise.

I get the same problem. Once the summer starts I need the fan on. Then when it cools down it takes a few sleepless nights to adjust again to sleeping without the fan noise.

why would you do this? why go back to a method of sleeping that's worse? I've slept with a fan on every night for the last ~10 years, with the exception of drunk nights round friends. It hasn't even crossed my mind to go back as i get much much better sleep.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I have the same fan.
It's extremely noisy but very effective at giving you a cold!

Never use it while sleeping though, just when it's excessively hot in the (top floor) flat. ie. ~30C

Soldato
I do and yes I feel cooler. Downside is I have to have it on all year round as I "need" the sound of it to help me sleep.

Totally this. Im the same. I need the fan white noise. If you want to make it louder cover it with an old shirt. But dont cover the motor. Just mesh bit ..the blade guard. You get a nice loud blowing noise.

Yes, i have two, one on each side of the bed to cheer me on.
Good to have appreciative fans.

:D

Back
Top Bottom