US: Game of Thrones - Season 3 - Book Comparison (Spoilers)

Soldato
:D...Bran told 'The Rat Cook'. We all know whats coming up!

Also, Robbwind was perfect....there is not a soul on this planet that doesn't want to kill every Frey now.

unfortunately, Stannis and Varys have been totally ruined imo. Still one of the best episodes yet imo though.

Last edited:
Soldato
:D...Bran told 'The Rat Cook'. We all know whats coming up!

Also, Robbwind was perfect....there is not a soul on this planet that doesn't want to kill every Frey now.

unfortunately, Stannis and Varys have been totally ruined imo. Still one of the best episodes yet imo though.

Vayrs certainly isn't ruined, and I wouldn't say stannis is either tbh.

In the books, weren't they told a bit about coldhands before they went through the wall?

Soldato
Vayrs certainly isn't ruined, and I wouldn't say stannis is either tbh.

In the books, weren't they told a bit about coldhands before they went through the wall?

There is next to no mystery at all surrounding Varys.... He jus pops up every now and then and makes some kind of 'for the realm' speech. And basically looks at the screen and tells everyone that Tyrion is important. Stannis is a big disappointment imo. It is like they are setting him up as some kind of villain.

They meet Coldhands at the door through the wall, and Sam introduces them Iirc. I really hope we get Coldhands in this!

Caporegime
This is why stannis sucks in the TV series
listen from 4:20 the guy in charge of game of thrones has no bloody clue and does not like stannis...
check all the youtube comments hating on him for saying that :D
Renly would make a better king than stannis? this guy should put the crack pipe down!
He probably thinks theon would make a good king to... can't see him doing worse than renly

It's actually funny how people in the comments think he never read the books :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just realised something....Robbwind was just a rumour in the books. We never find out if the Freys actually did it! So glad they showed that scene, though I found it the most shocking part of the whole series.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I agree with him.

As do I. Stannis is uncompromising and cold - always being referred to as 'breaking before he would bend'. He's not loved by the people as Renly is and does not enjoy even sound counsel if it goes against his idea of rule. I think they are portrayed in the series quite faithfully. Maybe more than most.

Soldato
What are they gonna do with Brienne?....Sansa is still in King's Landing. And Jaime for that matter.

Btw, I would love to argue why Stannis(or pretty much anyone) would be a better king that Renly, and why he is such a great character, but I have been in far too many over the years, and it never ends well:p

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just realised something....Robbwind was just a rumour in the books. We never find out if the Freys actually did it! So glad they showed that scene, though I found it the most shocking part of the whole series.

They stated the heads were swapped in the books, I am sure I read that.
Stannis is a terrible King, respect is one thing, ned stark had that, honour is one thing, but inability ot bend in a political sphere can only be doomed to failure.

Associate
You sure that it was just a rumour?

I remember them saying they tossed Catelyn into the river and then she was found upstream. If they didn't chop Robbs head off that means he can potentially come back to life, I guess :p.

Didn't they tie him up for all to see or something?

Soldato
You sure that it was just a rumour?

I remember them saying they tossed Catelyn into the river and then she was found upstream. If they didn't chop Robbs head off that means he can potentially come back to life, I guess :p.

Didn't they tie him up for all to see or something?

Nobody ever saw it as far as I can remember....just a few characters saying 'I heard they did it' etc. I believe, (please correct me if I am wrong) that Joffrey first says it to Sansa, or someone else in KL, and then it is barely mentioned again?
They definitely threw Catelyn's body in the river. Arya sees her in a wolf dream.

You joke about Robb possibly being still alive....some people(a rather stupid minority, obviously) genuinely believe he is:eek:...and some think that RobbWind is the hooded man in Winterfell:D

Last edited:
Soldato
it would have been nice if the finale was the end of the book, but as they've been mixing books in the same season it's a complete mess.

If you mean the end of 'Storm of Swords'(I'm not familiar with the 2-parts they split it in to tbh), then I think that would have cheapened the RW really...having LS revealed so soon.

Stoneheart has to be the end of season 4 imo...much more impact!

Associate
If you mean the end of 'Storm of Swords'(I'm not familiar with the 2-parts they split it in to tbh), then I think that would have cheapened the RW really...having LS revealed so soon.

Stoneheart has to be the end of season 4 imo...much more impact!

I heard she isn't coming back to film again?

Associate
It wouldn't surprise me if they cut LS out completely. She hasn't really had much of an impact in the books apart from her interactions with Brienne which haven't really played out in full yet.

GRRM might have bigger plans for her, I assume at some point she will meet one of the last few Starks or maybe even apologise to JS (or JT if that's who he turns out to be) assuming he isn't dead or gets resurrected by Melisandre (what I personally think will happen).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It wouldn't surprise me if they cut LS out completely. She hasn't really had much of an impact in the books apart from her interactions with Brienne which haven't really played out in full yet.

GRRM might have bigger plans for her, I assume at some point she will meet one of the last few Starks or maybe even apologise to JS (or JT if that's who he turns out to be) assuming he isn't dead or gets resurrected by Melisandre (what I personally think will happen).

This is looking surprisingly prophetic. She didn't make the much-anticipated entrance at the end of series four, and there are hints that the TV series may drop this altogether. However, I think it's too good not to put in at some point, even if only for a scene.

Back
Top Bottom