World War Z

Soldato
All I know is that a guy I work with is an extra in it, from where they filmed a bunch of scenes in Glasgow. There was much running involved apparantly.

Associate
the trailers make it look like there are running zombies in this. Part of the book is about how to deal with a slow moving army of dead people, not athletic bolt style face eaters!

Soldato
I have taken the stance that it is an action-based zombie film that just happens to share a title with a completely different work. That way I can enjoy the film (hopefully) without raging about the retards in Hollywood and the corruption of an excellent book. :D

Associate
Why of why did they call this "World War Z"? If they wanted to make a zombie movie, go for it. But why use a book as your source material then fundamentally change it? This looks like just another action zombie flick, which I would probably enjoy more if they had not trashed a good book in the process.

Soldato
Yeah, agreed. I loved the book and although I know it's stupid, I'm looking forward to the movie. It's hilarious how the zombies are fast-moving, did any of them actually read the book?!

Soldato
There is a chunk of the movie that isn't in the trailer where the zombies are a bit more static and they have to be stealthy to get by them.

Caporegime
Did not know this was a book

But I don't care. I always go into films thinking of them independent to books

Can't wait. Gf is keen too

Associate
Reviews at the premiere seemed to be poor but I'm waiting till I hear more. I'm tending to think that, whatever, it will be entertaining

Soldato
Did not know this was a book

But I don't care. I always go into films thinking of them independent to books

Can't wait. Gf is keen too

In this case just watching the trailer proves they have little in common.

The book is a fantastic collage of stories telling an overall arc. I would recommend it to anyone.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I am pretty much expecting a hollywood blockbuster which is lacking in story, substance etc but has all the whistles and bangs you would expect of such a movie. Turn up sit down popcorn in hand and flip the switch off at the back of your head for 2 hours.

Soldato
In this case just watching the trailer proves they have little in common.

The book is a fantastic collage of stories telling an overall arc. I would recommend it to anyone.

I'm reading the book at the moment and I like the format of it. Very easy to pick up after leaving for a few days. So this movie isnt based on the book then ... just shares the name?

Soldato
So this movie isnt based on the book then ... just shares the name?

It looks that way - Bradd Pitt being an all american super hero and saving the day. I'll see it anyway as I love a bit of zombie action, but this looks like a massively wasted opportunity. The way the book is divided into three sections - before, during and after - makes it very suited to a movie trilogy. LOTR scope and budget is what World War Z deserves.

Back
Top Bottom