What age should you stop wearing football tops?

Soldato
I hope that most people are adult enough to just wear what the hell they want regardless of what other people think of them for it. (unless at some kind of formal function then you're an ass hat).

Personally I wouldn't wear one even if I was going to a game, overly expensive training tops really, but I wouldn't judge others for doing so.

Soldato
Because you did not mention your country you mentioned your club.

I am not sure which part of "South African rugby jersey" mentions a club?

Unless of course you were referring to the hockey jersey but you did not stipulate specifics. Even then I really don't see the difference.

Soldato
So let us expand this a little further, see how far the bigotry really goes. How about an OCUK branded tshirt? Or some other hardware manufacturer. Or a shirt with your favourite game on it? How about a charity?

It seems it is ok to have a hobby or enjoy things as long as you "Fritzl" it and keep it in a deep dark basement.

I think I will wear all of these things just to annoy the greater masses now. I am immature like that.

Soldato
Nothing more shaming than being in a foreign country and seeing some moron in a England football shirt, or any English club.

They should stop being worn from about the age of 7, it is no different than wearing a superhero costume.

+3

Soldato
I wear mine around the house they are comfortable tops in the summer. Usually very light and breathable fabric which also makes them great for running in. Would I wear it out and about? Probably not but does it bother me when I see someone else, not really.

Permabanned
I'd rather they didn't wear ugly nylon shirts in public, but only because the designs are dull and tasteless. It's one thing to be excited about a football team, but it's a bit tacky to parade around in public spaces doing the same, keep it to the stadium or the sofa.

Permabanned
Adults shouldn't wear football shirts as daily clothing. Think about it, would they wear shinpads as daily clothing? Wearing a football shirt is basically the same as wearing shinpads and no one should wear one.

No, of course you shouldn't stop wearing football shirts at any age. I don't see anything wrong with wearing one, if you're not of an athletic build it does look ridiculous but I think they look just like a ordinary tshirt on anyone who is thin or athletic.

Soldato
who cares what other people wear?

some of the crap in here is as bad as saying

"don't wear named labels unless your going to a fashion show"
"don't wear nike , adidas etc unless your going for a jog"
"don't wear XXXX bands/music artists tshirt unless your going to a music festival or gig"
"don't wear jeans unless your a cowboy"
"don't wear a tracksuit unless your going to a track or your a runner and it's cold outside"

soon we have nothing left to wear because people are judgemental *****

This.

Soldato
I am not sure which part of "South African rugby jersey" mentions a club?

Unless of course you were referring to the hockey jersey but you did not stipulate specifics. Even then I really don't see the difference.

I was referring to the hockey jersey.

What people choose to wear is of no concern to me. I was just giving my opinions as asked by the OP. Football/Hockey/Rugby/Tennis/ tops should, in my opinion, only be worn whilst playing/attending/watching the game in question.

If people feel the need to wear a top so everyone knows what team/country they are from then that is up to them. No wrong with it per se.

Each to their own, it's what makes this world interesting and a little crazy.

Associate
Which top you wear will, I feel, infleunce the LOL's

Think I will go with my Italy away or even my bright yellow Adidas one. Might even go all the way and buy some jogging bottoms and not do any jogging :eek:

Failing that. When I go to my next gig I might wear another band shirt rather than the one that is playing.

Back
Top Bottom