Body work - Nottingham

Soldato
Can anyone recommend anyone in the Nottingham area who could deal with various bits of rust that we have on our 96N MK3 Golf. We were going to replace it but its just passed its MOT again with nothing really the matter with it, its only done 100k miles and we have owned it since 1998 and owes us nothing. Its not our main car but its nice to have a car that we don't mind parking in various places etc etc.

I would have done it myself but I have no idea where to start with filler and sanding etc etc and there's some spots on the bottom of the external door linings.

Ideally a one man band or someone who does stuff in spare time as its really not worth spending a fortune one.

Associate
Jays Auto Repairs in Beeston is very good. I've used him for 20 years for full resprays to cutting out rusty wheel arches and welding new ones in. Used him a few weeks ago for cutting out part of a rusty sill and welding in a new piece + rustproofing. £70.00 all in. He's a one man operation working from two double garages at his home so prices are very, very reasonable. Give him a ring on 0115 9256750. He's a really nice bloke to boot!!

Don
Not used them for many years but Colwick Vale Coachworks were superb, they used to do the work for Sytners before they got own bodyshop

Associate
I have a couple of small bits need doing so went to see them as suggested, seems a good set up but their prices were outrageous, double that of similar places

Really, sorry to hear that.

When I had the keying repaired on my Mini, that involved respraying 3 panels, plus lots of minor points (about 6 plastic scuffs and minor paint touchups) that was about £370 inc VAT. That seemed reasonable given the labour required etc. Compared to Just car clinic who wanted £230 to respray my 3 series' bonnet, it seemed like a good deal.

Don
They quoted me £500 for 1 panel , 1 stone chip (above windscreen) and a small scuff on splitter (the whole piece to spray is 8 inch x 1 inch)

thanks for recommendation anyway

Back
Top Bottom