Samsung SSD Cashback

• Thread starter Deleted member 2277
  • Start date
Associate
Been over 4 weeks for me so just emailed the above, will see if it gets me anywhere.

I have not had any response yet.

Might try the phone number on Monday.

Not that I'm in any hurry for the money, but when they say that we should get a cheque within 28 days of a valid claim, and nearly double that time has passed, you do start to wonder if your claim was indeed valid, or they are not intending to send the cheque.

Come on Samsung, I buy a fair few of your SSDs (and other products), you are not creating a very good impression by leaving your customers waiting.

Deleted member 2277

D

Deleted member 2277

OP
It's great isn't it, they have strict terms & conditions when applying for the cashback but those terms & conditions go out the window when it comes to sending the cheques out.

Associate
Ha Ha, finally got through.

My proof of purchase was via another retailer but is not valid as it shows "this is not a vat invoice"

Strange really as this is the 2nd drive purchased and the first one had the same style receipt and was accepted and paid on the previous cashback offer.

I have emailed them my initial claim details with a copy of the delivery note in the box (which states VAT details).

I am guessing they will not reply as I asked them too, regarding this.

After 11th July they could have scrapped my cashback claim as out of date. They had my claim form 2 1/2 months ago

Last edited:
Associate
Ha Ha, finally got through.

My proof of purchase was via another retailer but is not valid as it shows "this is not a vat invoice"

Strange really as this is the 2nd drive purchased and the first one had the same style receipt and was accepted and paid on the previous cashback offer.

I have emailed them my initial claim details with a copy of the delivery note in the box (which states VAT details).

I am guessing they will not reply as I asked them too, regarding this.

After 11th July they could have scrapped my cashback claim as out of date. They had my claim form 2 1/2 months ago

Are you saying that you had an invalid claim, and they didn't contact you to tell you ?

If so, they are being very sneaky.

I was under the impression that if you made an invalid claim, they would contact us via email to let us know.

Associate
OK.

Just called the number, got straight through.

I was told that my claim (made at the end of April) is on this week's list, and I will recieve the cheque soon.

jb7

jb7

Associate
I will call them tomorrow. I submitted mine on 1st May

Do we need a 'reference number'...? As I can only find my serial number in the confirmation e-mail that they sent

Soldato
It does take a very long time to cashback in my experiance so I dont think there is anything wrong at all. I had some free software with my 830 and sold it on ebay for 10 quid back straight away, I like those sort of deals better, there was some dvd drive that was 15 quid and had software worth 20 on ebay lol, you could make a profit and have the drive free lol.

Associate
It does take a very long time to cashback in my experiance so I dont think there is anything wrong at all.

I think there is something wrong when the T&C's state that you should get your cashback within 28 days of submitting a valid claim, but over 2 months later you have had no response.

If it's likely to take 2 months, say so. I can wait, I just don't like not knowing what's going on.

Associate
I think there is something wrong when the T&C's state that you should get your cashback within 28 days of submitting a valid claim, but over 2 months later you have had no response.

If it's likely to take 2 months, say so. I can wait, I just don't like not knowing what's going on.

Also you chase them and then they tell you it's invalid. The t+c states proof of purchase not Vat receipt. This is my second claim, the first was done the same as this and no hastle.

Ringing again tomorrow, to ask if this new receipt I emailed today is acceptable, as they never replied again to an email.

Associate
Also you chase them and then they tell you it's invalid. The t+c states proof of purchase not Vat receipt.

When filling in the online form, you should have seen this......

I will provide proof of purchase:
Online By post
This MUST be the sales receipt showing the date of purchase, qualifying product, store name and VAT details. An order confirmation/delivery note is NOT proof of purchase and the offer is available through participating Retailers only. Pixmania and Amazon Market Place are specifically EXCLUDED from this promotion

Back
Top Bottom