HOT HOT HOT

Soldato
29FFS.png

I hate waking up logging into the PC to find this...

V F

V F

Soldato
Explain to me how that works. I've said this before, I have tried with curtains closed in two houses and all it did was cause the rooms to fry.

Soldato
Explain to me how that works. I've said this before, I have tried with curtains closed in two houses and all it did was cause the rooms to fry.

I could be completely wrong but black absorbs more light and therefore it's cooler, either that or there's less direct sunlight one or the two ;)

I have curtains and a blind and they're both closed.

Edit: Completely wrong:
In summer, air between the curtain and the window heats up. This warm air rises and escapes over the top of the curtain. This air movement sucks cool air in from the rest of the room to window. This cool air warms, rises, and so it goes on in a convective process. In winter the air by the window cools, sinks and draws warm air to the window in the same way and the process works in reverse.

Sealing the side of the curtains to the wall, (temporary tape, magnetic tape or velcro); making sure they reach all the way to the floor (weighting the hems); and adding pelmets to seal the top of the curtain prevents the convection process. Pelmets can be made of any material as long as it creates an air barrier. Temporary pelmets can be made with laminate, cardboard, acrylic, polycarbonate, bubble wrap or even a thick and solid scarf. They simply need to be fixed to the wall and reach to or past the curtain. Most pelmets reach over the curtain, however you can also build a hidden or near-invisible pelmet as a single flat strip that sits behind the top of the curtain and just reaches its back edge. Pelmets can prevent 25% of heat loss from a room.

Yahoo answers ;)

Last edited:
Associate
At home with the fans on after spending a fantastic day at the RNAS Yeovilton Airday. We had a great little area near the flight line and right next to the parking spot for the Vulcan Bomber when it came back in.

The only downside was the heat, as I failed to take into account the effect of being next to a large slab of runway. The reports were it added an extra 10 degrees C to the air temperature :o. So I am well cooked and slightly def but it was worth it :D.

Back
Top Bottom