DC Vault

Associate
Wondered what happened there. Might give it a little attention myself. How much traffic would it generate? Not sure my company would be all that forgiving if i started using GBs of data per day.

Associate
Looks like we took a hit in PSP. :(

How hard is it to get running on a GPU ? Its my birthday tomorrow and my present will need "testing" ;)

Soldato
OP
I have a question for you Phil, did you have to do anything special to get RC5-72 working on your 7970s? I've tried on mine and the client shuts down after a couple of secs with a 'core compilation failed' error. I'm using 'dnetc-win32-x86-stream' client, it says something about having to install stream drivers but they seem to be for older cards, I installed them anyway but I get the same error.

Soldato
OP
Thanks mate, now though I'm getting a windows message 'distributed client.net has stopped working' as soon as it starts. I'll have a play, see if I can figure it out.

... I still can't get it to work on the 7970 machine, but I tried it on the 2 x 7950s machine and got over 4 billion keys/sec on stock and over 5 billion OC'ed but my cards didn't like the CPU running, even a couple of cores killed my output, so I'll give it a go some other time, I need the CPU cores ATM.

... I updated the ATi drivers on the 7970 it's now working :) getting over 3 billion keys/sec on it.

Last edited:
Associate
Welcome to DPAD:)

Switched over a few cores to this as it looks like we could gain a place with little effort.
Still not sure what to do for GPU processing, not that the weather is all that encouraging on that front. Barely break 40Degrees but it sure does warm up my already hot house.

Soldato
Thanks mate, now though I'm getting a windows message 'distributed client.net has stopped working' as soon as it starts. I'll have a play, see if I can figure it out.

... I still can't get it to work on the 7970 machine, but I tried it on the 2 x 7950s machine and got over 4 billion keys/sec on stock and over 5 billion OC'ed but my cards didn't like the CPU running, even a couple of cores killed my output, so I'll give it a go some other time, I need the CPU cores ATM.

... I updated the ATi drivers on the 7970 it's now working :) getting over 3 billion keys/sec on it.

Sounds about right. If i run anything on the CPU, even just one core, then the output drops significantly.

Associate
I am getting a lot of errors in GPUGRID. Not quite sure why.

Temps are acceptable, i dont seem to get any issues in other projects or running games/benchmarks.

Very puzzling...

Soldato
OP
What does anyone think to the idea of a 'project push' where we all hit one particular project for one whole month? it doesn't have to be every month.
The DPC do this with their 'stampede'. I'm just trying to think of ways for us to break into that illusive top 10.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm going to take a break from DPAD when I have reached 120 mil, in just under a month and I'll be up for crunching other things then. :)

Phil, how do you get high numbers with Dimes? do you just have a lot of machines running?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom