OCUK Trackday

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Leading on from another thread (ok there was only one reply) but how about a OCUK trackday. (hell i would even be up for spain in winter tbh)

Of course it will a utter nightmare to pick the track, but for ease of access for everyone i suggest the midlands. Or could be further afield if someone knows a man who owns a race track and dont mind doing a deal (unlikely but you never know)

Idea enough ?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP
Mallory is cheaper i believe, Donny can be expensive, great for me though as only in Nottingham.

Rockingham as well, thats meant to be a little weird as mainly left handers.

Soldato
I got a TD voucher as a leaving gift when I left my job, but its a MSV one so can only be used at Cadwell, Snetterton, Oulton and Brands, but starting a new job I dont get as much entitlement for the year.... and need to fit in a bloody holiday with the misses too lol so might only be able to fit in another 1 or 2 track days this year :/

Soldato
Depending on date / location, I'm certainly interested. Brands would be my first choice, although it's not exactly ideally located for most people...

Soldato
Be willing to travel a bit for this one.

Not done Donnigton since its been resurfaced
Always fancied silverstone.
Done Oulten loads of times. Great track a bit to northern for you southern softies :D

Soldato
I doubt there would be enough to do an OcUK own trackday, especially at the bigger tracks. Llandow in south Wales can be hired for about £2500, our local forum does it every year, 17 riders per group, 3 groups £55 each.... still way to much probably.

Leaves booking up with another TDO, Focused or No Limits etc. All you northeners suck anyway, try coming from Devon each time.... Cadwell last month was a 600 mile round trip, not to mention the 700 miles for Anglesea.

Soldato
Yeh. No way we would have enough for it to be all OCUK. But we a bit of careful planning it would easy enough to one through focused or no limits. Both decent companies.

Soldato
I'm up for this.

Would be a good idea to pick something reasonably central maybe Rockingham or Mallory (I'll go pretty much anywhere within reason :) )

Ideally a weekend and camping would be good, makes for a good gathering, especially with a few beers afterwards.

Spent last weekend at Pembrey, great fun and very hot, would be a swine to get to for some though.

Edit: Cadwell Park 1st Sept (sunday) you can camp onsite too.

Pembrey 24th/25th August (sat/sun) £99 per day and free camping onsite.

Rockingham 24th/25th August £129 per day or both for £209, don't know about camping though.

Last edited:
Associate
Unfortunately due to (lack of) funds, it looks like I'll only be doing 1 track day this year.

Donington Park, No Limits 07/08/13, with a group name of LJ Motorcycles if anyone is interested :)

If you're there, I'm on a HM plant liveried SP1 in inters so pop over to say hi :)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP
Sorry dudes, been busy will look into this more at the weekend and get some dates down, going over the thread Donnington looks good for most, but i would make a special trip for Angelsey :)

Back
Top Bottom