What to do?

Soldato
To be fair, I'm good friends with West and have known him and his family for about ten years; I'm sure he won't mind me saying that his mum is a clean freak and his bedroom there is rather small. It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't able to store his PC there as his house is like a show home.

Man of Honour
To be fair, I'm good friends with West and have known him and his family for about ten years; I'm sure he won't mind me saying that his mum is a clean freak and his bedroom there is rather small. It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't able to store his PC there as his house is like a show home.

Even so the idea of leaving kit worth hundreds of pounds with someone who used to volunteer with him seems very brave! Given that it was being stored for a period of a "few months" I'd have tried to find a more secure home for it, or sold it.

Personally I would get round there sharpish to salvage as much as you can while it is still there, which you say you are doing this evening. Given your 'friend' has refused to answer your calls or simply told you to "**** off" I wouldn't take it as gospel that your PC is still there until you see it for yourself.

Associate
Sounds to me like she left the accommodation in which your stuff was stored, maybe on less than positive terms and in doing so left your stuff with someone else who has no care or knowledge of who it belongs to and, with what appears to be a flippant comment on her part as to what to do with "her stuff" the said third party therefore trashed it, or ebayed it or whatever.

What to do? try to get it back, expect a less than welcoming reception and if there's nothing left or you have a black eye, move on and learn a lesson.

Last edited:
Associate
The volunteer stuff is crazy, I mean do you have no friends or family ??

And then you left £1000s of stuff with a complete stranger ??

How long between her moving out until you went around met the stranger ? If the answer isn't 5-10 mins then you are clearly a oxygen thief.

Soldato
Volunteers are real people also :confused:

Indeed, people who look after your stuff by telling their ex-BF to bin anything he doesn't like the look of.
Strangely poor choice of storage friends OP.
If your m8 in this thread who knows you, knows your mum is a clean freak, he might have offered some storage space.

Associate
I feel we are not getting the full story*

*cmon oc/uk we only need this another 8 times in the thread or it will be sub-par.

I know you wont let me down.

Soldato
You've made a huge mistake.

You can't keep anything in your bedroom because your mum is selling the house and wants it to look nice.. fair enough. No loft though? garage?

Even if I can believe you stored your stuff at someone's house who you hardly know, I just can't understand why you'd seemingly let her move out of the house and then not contact the guy who now has your stuff. That guy isn't the person you had a verbal agreement with.

Tbh, you'll be lucky if you get the pc back. forget about the bed and the blu-rays and move on.

Caporegime
wow, like others said, no way id leave my pc with a short term mate, i doubt this will end well, tbh, in a court, id write it off. you took a risk

Back
Top Bottom