Firefox 17. 18. 19. 20, 21 or 22 any will do guys.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
If you're still on Mint 11 (guessing you are from your other recent thread), then it's probably not a major surprise that later versions of FF aren't in the repos. Is there a specific need to stick with an older Mint version?

SMN

SMN

Soldato
If you're still on Mint 11 (guessing you are from your other recent thread), then it's probably not a major surprise that later versions of FF aren't in the repos. Is there a specific need to stick with an older Mint version?

This. Get on the latest version.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I suspect you'll still need to upgrade the base OS, but you can try the following:

Go to mozilla.org, grab latest version for Linux.
Untar.
Delete /opt/firefox, move the firefox folder that you got from the tar file into /opt.

It may work, but it may also have dependencies that you can't sort due to running an older distro.

Soldato
Does it need to be Firefox? Assuming it'll meet the dependencies you could download the latest Chrome.

Mint 11 was made end of life last year.

Soldato
I suspect you'll still need to upgrade the base OS, but you can try the following:

Go to mozilla.org, grab latest version for Linux.
Untar.
Delete /opt/firefox, move the firefox folder that you got from the tar file into /opt.

It may work, but it may also have dependencies that you can't sort due to running an older distro.

This is what I do on Debian. I made a custom script to automate the verify md5 / untar / delete / install process.

Haven't run into any dependency ( or other ) issues.

Back
Top Bottom