Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Economically stretched times? Football is richer than ever :confused:.

you obviously don't live in the real world.......

Even talking about the oil rich clubs, their major transfers this summer have only just nudged the £50m barrier for strikers (who for right or wrong are usually valued higher than midfielders), so my point is still valid

Soldato
:confused:

Did you ignore the part of my post where I provided facts showing that Real's revenue increased no more (it actually increased less) in the season that they signed Ronaldo & Kaka compared to a season where they signed no big name players?

What facts? I dunno, I'm sure the financial advisors for Real Madrid are no mugs. It's a case of money really, how much RM see in the lad, has their been a written transfer from RM yet?

Last edited:
Don
you obviously don't live in the real world.........so my point is still valid

LOL :D

What facts? I dunno, I'm sure the financial advisors for Real Madrid are no mugs.
Facts like Real's actual commercial revenue growth in seasons where they've signed mega stars and seasons where they've not. Unless of course you believe that Bale will have a considerably bigger commercial impact than the signings of Ronaldo & Kaka (who had little to no impact).

There is little to no commercial benefit to any major club buying a player like Bale. The decision will be a football decision.

Last edited:
Soldato
He wasn't because 2 of the Glazer sons were and still are co-chairman.

must be thinking of his role with the FA.

Anyway, the person who is in the highest day-to-day position at the club doesn't fly from Aus to London on a whim for an everyday transfer either

Don
is that not before everything else?

Of course but if you're going to pay £80m on a player, that's the only factor worth considering. You're not going to get a fraction of that fee back from increased commercial revenue for any player let alone Bale.

Soldato
Of course but if you're going to pay £80m on a player, that's the only factor worth considering. You're not going to get a fraction of that fee back from increased commercial revenue for any player let alone Bale.

I understand the ability thing, of course.

What i'm also saying is certain people are more marketable than others, this guy is very. This 9/8% thing your chatting about? Is it the case everyyear? Is it the case when Zidane signed? the first ronaldo? i dunno. certainly though, i think those players, as well as being masters at football had a brand about them that spread awareness about the club. zidane for headbutting people for example :p

Soldato
I understand the ability thing, of course.

What i'm also saying is certain people are more marketable than others, this guy is very. This 9/8% thing your chatting about? Is it the case everyyear? Is it the case when Zidane signed? the first ronaldo? i dunno. certainly though, i think those players, as well as being masters at football had a brand about them that spread awareness about the club. zidane for headbutting people for example :p

It's genuinely like you haven't even read his posts...

Soldato
It's genuinely like you haven't even read his posts...

How so? I understand the facts he brought forward. what i'm saying is, how do you know what caused the increase in commercial revenue? so many factors to consider. How much a RM worth at the mo? are they the richest club in the world? I know there was a lot of hooha over that land. how much was that wortth?

edit, baz will know what i mean, hopefully. :o

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/sam.san...orbes-2013-list/real-madrid-value-3-3-billion

Forbes saying RM are the richest

Last edited:
Soldato

it's just as much as how they benefit the team they still actually play for. it's not simply about where they may be going.

bale is incredibly important to spurs on and off the field. hence the price.

Don

I'm really struggling to be honest mate.

Real are massive, there's little room for them to increase their global appeal. Signing Bale, just like when they signed Ronaldo, will make little to no difference commercially.

I'm not sure how much simpler I can make it.

edit: and I don't have a ****ing clue what cm's post has got to do with what I said :/

Soldato
How so? I understand the facts he brought forward. what i'm saying is, how do you know what caused the decrease in commercial revenue? so many factors to consider. How much a RM worth at the mo? are they the richest club in the world? I know there was a lot of hooha over that land. how much was that wortth?

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/sam.san...orbes-2013-list/real-madrid-value-3-3-billion

Forbes saying RM are the richest

You don't understand what he's saying, which is why I said it's like you haven't read it.

^^ As above, it can't be put more simply!

Soldato
I'm really struggling to be honest mate.

Real are massive, there's little room for them to increase their global appeal. Signing Bale, just like when they signed Ronaldo, will make little to no difference commercially.

I'm not sure how much simpler I can make it.

edit: and I don't have a ****ing clue what cm's post has got to do with what I said :/

I believe you are seeing it too much in monetary terms. The economy is in the mire anyway. Bale is going to be one of the best players in the world, surely that must have a positive effect, no?

It's odd how RM are top, they haven't won much recently.

Last edited:
Don
I believe you are seeing it too much in monetary terms. The economy is in the mire anyway. Bale is going to be one of the best players in the world, surely that must have a positive effect, no?

Bale is already a very good player and should get better, and of course, from a football point of view, having him is a positive. You replied to my post specifically rubbishing the whole branding/shirt sales argument though - I wasn't talking about his football ability.

As I said, the only reason why Real would pay a huge fee for Bale is for his football ability not for commercial gain because there wouldn't be any (of note).

Soldato
You replied to my post rubbishing the whole branding/shirt sales argument though.

I've been talking about the general marketability of players and affect they have on the team, in general, monetary, ability wise. Which ever way you want to spin it.

What about that Forbes list, what do you make of that? How does the value of RM outnumber Barca for example..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom