DC Vault

Soldato
I think its a good idea for a few of us to focus on one project... possible candidates: Docking, DPAD, RNA World? We are under 9k vault points on all of those

I'm going to take a break from DPAD when I have reached 120 mil, in just under a month and I'll be up for crunching other things then. :)

Phil, how do you get high numbers with Dimes? do you just have a lot of machines running?

Next team stomp on DPAD is about 45 days, you can't take a break until then! ;)

I have a load of VMs for DIMES, although only 10 of them are working, not sure why. Sometimes you will get a day when points spike hugely for no reason too :confused:

Associate
yo guys i am on the ocuk team but i am not sure where to best put my cpu and gpu to best help out the team my cpu is amd and gpu is amd 7870 tahiti

just let me know how to best help and i will do it with all the power that scotty will give me

p.s. i am using my cpu for world community grid and my gpu for prime grid

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Welcome swiftmetal! always good to have new members on board. A few of us are giving DPAD (Muon 1) a Push in August, but really go for whatever you like, WCG & primegrid are good choices, anything on this list is a good choice, you can see what projects support what in terms of CPU & GPU Nvidia/AMD by the icon next to them.

Associate
Do you do muon 1 via yoyo@home? If not please tell me how

I like the idea of pushing for rc5 72 on my gpu coz we are in a low position and I have had it running via its own client not the boinc but my stats never show on distributed.net or yoyo@home so I am not sure how it works any help on this subject too please

Cheers

Associate
Every little (or lot ) Helps. With the less popular projects (compared to SETI, Folding@Home etc..) 1 new member can make all the difference.

Associate
one thing though i have made the user.text file contained in it is [OcUK]swiftmetal i am on the stats page but i am not on the ocuk team stats page or does it take a day?

Maybe its because I have not uploaded anything yet as it seems like you have to finish at least 10 Wu to upload and then I should be there

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm having a few performance issues with DPAD on my rigs with two cards in, when the GPUs are running they drop the CPU load down to as low as 50%, I've tried altering the number of threads and the background priority but no joy. It's the opposite way round with the rig I have with one GPU, the CPU is a steady +90% and the GPU load drops, but not by much so it'll just have to be the one rig for now.

Soldato
I'm having a few performance issues with DPAD on my rigs with two cards in, when the GPUs are running they drop the CPU load down to as low as 50%, I've tried altering the number of threads and the background priority but no joy. It's the opposite way round with the rig I have with one GPU, the CPU is a steady +90% and the GPU load drops, but not by much so it'll just have to be the one rig for now.

That is the exact opposite of my experience. I have a 2500k with 4 GPUs and muon 1 is the only project I have managed to run on the CPU without impacting on Milkyway on the GPUs. Do you also have your GPU processes set to normal CPU priority?

Soldato
OP
Running the Bill2 software and it's a lot better than before. I have the GPUs running 'below normal' and muon1 the same, not sure what they should be, I have tried all sorts.

I've just the one rig on DPAD for now, see how it goes. I've another on Asteroids and another one on Enigma, we've suffered quite a few stomps on those projects as of late.

Back
Top Bottom