**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Associate
I thought their was a Gigabyte rep that was hanging around on the motherboard forum to answer questions about possible issues etc ? Not seen much of him or her answering questions on this thread ;)

Think the forum name was Giga Man or something like that.

Caporegime
Associate
Got a slight problem, not sure if its a motherboard or power supply issue.

When you switch the power on at the power supply the orange light on the motherboard usually lights up instantly, of late this has been taking anywhere from approx 15 - 50 seconds for the orange light to appear.

I first noticed the issue when the power switch on the pc wouldn't turn the pc on, you would have to press the button quite a few times and it was a lottery if it would switch on. I then noticed that until the orange light on the mobo appeared the pc wouldn't switch on, this has started happening recently.

Ive took all the power cables of the power supply and motherboard and re-seated them just incase their might have been a small short, its still the same.

Any ideas ?

Associate
Ive no way of testing with another PSU.

Ive cleared the cmos, ive also taken the battery out for 30mins and replaced it with a new one. The issue is still the same.

Caporegime
Ive no way of testing with another PSU.

Ive cleared the cmos, ive also taken the battery out for 30mins and replaced it with a new one. The issue is still the same.

if its not booting up properly try flicking on and off the power switch so that the fans just spin and switch off

do this 3 times and power up,it will then recover the main bios with the backup bios,then once done it should powerup as normal

reflash to latest bios again and see how it goes

could be corrupted main bios

Associate
Tried the above, didn't change anything.

I'm pretty sure this is the PSU, not long after trying what you suggested i started up the PC and a big flash and crackle came from the PSU. Amazingly it booted up, its only going to be a matter of time before it goes bang as these are probably the early warning signs.

Its a Corsair AX850, i'll see if i can RMA it.

Associate
Have this board about 8 months or more, its still going strong and never had a problem also thanks for keeping this thread updated.

Associate
I still have a few minor issues with mine. For example, on random occasions after being powered off, the board will completely forget my RAM XMP frequency/voltage settings and will default it back to 1333/1.5v. It may have something to do with my low voltage 1.35v RAM, I don't know. I'm on the latest beta.

Also, it doesn't play nice with my USB drives, it seems to be incredibly fussy about which port they are plugged into.

Other than that it's a fantastic board - I still love it. I bought it on launch over a year ago and kept it because I'm skipping the Z87/Haswell generation and sticking with Ivybridge. Not enough of a leap to warrant a new board and CPU, so it will be staying for a long time yet.

On launch the board had quite a few BIOS issues, but over time they have fixed most of them and hopefully they will continue to support it to fix the rest.

Associate
i remember buying this motherboard when it came out and was on offer with the free watercooler it seemed like a good idea at the time

like other people have been experiencing problems when using a sandy cpu it can go a while without any problems then for a week just took forever to get out of its boot loop

been using all of the beta bios with some hope that one day it would be fixed but will never happen it seems

the knock on effect of this means i wont be buying a gigabyte motherboard for the foreseeable furture

Associate
Hey man do you have the boot loop too?

I thought it was only me - I'm using a i5 2500k is that the culprit?

Like, I'm sure the computer is stable but sometimes when I do a cold boot it will literally reboot 5 times before finally getting its stuff together and boots OK?

Associate
Hey man do you have the boot loop too?

I thought it was only me - I'm using a i5 2500k is that the culprit?

Like, I'm sure the computer is stable but sometimes when I do a cold boot it will literally reboot 5 times before finally getting its stuff together and boots OK?
yep 2500k here as well

exact same issue as you describe

Associate
I sorted the issue i was having, it was the PSU that finally gave up the ghost, it gave out quite a big flash and a loud crackle on boot up one day, still booted into windows but i turned it straight off to try and prevent any other damage.

I installed a new Seasonic PSU today and with quite a bit of relief everything seems to be fine and normal, you just never know what a faulty PSU could have done until you have powered it up again. Ive re-flashed both bios's with F14 so hopefully it will give it a fresh start.

Soldato
i remember buying this motherboard when it came out and was on offer with the free watercooler it seemed like a good idea at the time

like other people have been experiencing problems when using a sandy cpu it can go a while without any problems then for a week just took forever to get out of its boot loop

been using all of the beta bios with some hope that one day it would be fixed but will never happen it seems

the knock on effect of this means i wont be buying a gigabyte motherboard for the foreseeable furture

THIS^^^^^ :rolleyes:

Not to mention the USB issue !!! :(

Associate
This is weird, im running sandy i2500k on ud3h , and sometimes, from cold, im getting boot loops...... boots up for 5 secs then re starts....

After a couple of times, it goes into bios, and im able to boot.

Then its fine for the rest of the day.

Don't know if its my overclock or not, or stress on the psu.

But I'm happy when the computer is on.

Back
Top Bottom