DC Vault

Soldato
Nice work :D :cool:

btw there should be an option on RC5 to hide your email address on the stats and display nickname instead, just in case you would rather not have your email shown publicly :)

Soldato
OP
What have you guys got running on DPAD?

I can't help feeling dissapointed with my production on a 3770K @ 4.2Ghz, all 8 threads running I seem to be doing around 100K mpts a day. Don't know if that's about right or if i'm missing some optimise setting or if my cards are dragging it down, CPU load is 92% but does fluctuate down to 70 & 80% often.

Associate
What version are you running personally I run the cmdline client as it runs faster without the graphics all though I have been toying with running 6 different clients with 1 thread a piece (my system is a 6 core) because when there are loads of particles to calculate it uses 90% but in a run with only a couple hundred particles it is around 25%. Using 6 clients on my machine gets it to around 95% usage.

Soldato
OP
I run the cmdline one, I like to see what's going on, even though I don't know what's going on :D I think I'll have a rejig, no matter what my GPUs are effecting the CPU which obviously ain't good, though I thought it wasn't enough to matter.

Soldato
I've moved my 3770k over to DPAD as correlizer has run out of work, which is annoying since we have 4 team stomps coming up in the next 20 or so days. My 3570ks will run out soon so I will move them over aswell. Should provide a nice litte boost and hopefully we can get a stomp by the end of the month :)

Associate
sweet it has updated and at 2 points every team stomp it may be worth putting some gpus on the job coz most of the 50 or so teams in front dont have any active team members anymore

Soldato
OP
A heads up for anyone interested in Asteroids@home.

When we ran our challenge a few months back typical run times for a 3770K with hyperthreading was just over two hours, around 10 days ago they released an optimised app which cut the run times in half to just over an hour, yesterday they released an sse optimised version and they've halved again, my 3770K @ 4.1 is taking 32 mins per WU now and still with the same 120 pt value, but there's talk of running longer run times so now is a good time to hit this project.

link

Last edited:
Soldato

MGP

MGP

Soldato
I'm somewhat amazed by the points available off the GPUgrid project. Most of the Boinc project point awards seem rather erratic. I thought there was a correlation between projects, perhaps not?

A lowly GTX640 on my office borg seems to be hitting over 50k, and that is dualling with another GPU project too :)

Back
Top Bottom