Zalman hard drive mount screws

Soldato
Hi All

Just got myself a new hard drive but had forgotten I needed special screws to install the drive in my zalman z9 plus case.

I know I had spares with the case but having recently moved I can't find them so I can't mount the drive. I've tried googling for them but not come up with anything. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Soldato
Yes I'm aware of the issue as I have the case too. You have rubber spacers to absorb the vibration and are used to slide the HDD into the drive cage.

Not sure where you'd find spares other than contacting Zalman directly. One of our forum members (AndyMK3) actually removed the drive cage completely to fit a longer GPU. His solution to mounting the HDD was to use the ODD bay and wrap bungee cord around the HDD to suspend the drive. Low tech solution to your problem should you want to do it.

Soldato
OP
Hmmm, sounds a bit of a chore just for mounting a drive.

My brother has the same case and is gonna try to find his spares until I can find mine. Just been through the spare room where the remaining unpacked boxes are but not found my box of bits. :(

Will try zalman tomorrow though not hopeful.

Soldato
OP
The Z9 plus has special screws to use on the hard drives so they just slot into the drive bays, they have rubber washers to help isolate the drives.

If I could just use normal screws I would have done so.

Associate
I know the feeling mate. I have a Z11 Plus and I wanted to mount my SSD's but had to buy 3.5" adapter bays and mount them using the rubber anti vibration mounts. A bit of Advice though, if you are mounting SSD's I would advise using either bare screws or motherboard mounts. Remember the rear of the bay secures the drive in the bay.
It annoys me because they only give you enough to mount 5 3.5 drives where there are 6 mountable ones in the case.

Associate
If all else fails use Blu-tac. I have attempted to contact the Korean company and had all my E-mails returned. Their Email address is non-existent.

Associate
I know this is an old thread, but in the hope of helping the next set of people that come across this:
I emailed [email protected], and they packaged the screws + bushings for me and have currently shipped the item to me (overseas from USA). They were more help than the Korean email address as mentioned. I just paid for the item, including shipping via Paypal.

Associate
I know this is an old thread, but in the hope of helping the next set of people that come across this:
I emailed [email protected], and they packaged the screws + bushings for me and have currently shipped the item to me (overseas from USA). They were more help than the Korean email address as mentioned. I just paid for the item, including shipping via Paypal.

I have this exact problem: just bought it second hand and I got screwed (no pun intended).

Thank you for putting the US email, I just sent it, fingers crossed Covid hasn't turned them into total dicks. May 2019 wasn't that long ago!

Back
Top Bottom