I know there's a Seti Team round here somewhere

Soldato
Am slowly getting back into the swing of things. Had 2 x 780s and rig ready to do a full on 900d waterbuild at the weekend when 1 card pooped out on me so for now only 1 card .... the build is on hold ... a start nonetheless :)

Soldato
Bad luck with the 780 Tony :(

Actually, your rigs seem to be in a constant state of build/rebuild. I'd love to know how many crunchers you've owned and what age the longest-serving rig's been since you joined the team :D

Oh, and I'm leaving the little green men in peace for the time being and am hunting for pulsars instead, albeit on a lowly Q9550 sans GPU.

Soldato
OP
Its all changed lately just cannot afford to change my mind every 5 minutes so this it for at least .... mmm errr a few months anyways.

Heard back from evga already they are pickingthe card up via ups ( I stomped my feet real hard and stuck me pet lip out) so should be back on course next weekend.

I trust all is well with your good self, this pulsar thingummywhatsit sounds interesting :)

Soldato
Yep, all's well chez tross thanks :)

The pulsar thingummywhatsit is simply a search carried out by einstein@home; it's nowt new, and judging by the fact you've got einstein credits I'm sure you'll have had a dabble at it at some point yourself ;)

Soldato
OP
:) I doffed my cap on the way past S honestly :D

Got my new rig built up under water, going to play around with the stats thing again and will start doing the news again in a week or so just want to make sure new rig is all singing/dancing first.

Not looking too bad so far both 780s crunching and running at 32 degrees cpu 100% load and 47 degrees a bit of tinkering and it should be upto speed :)

**Edit** almost missed that, welcome back Mr BaBa sah :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just figured out why my average was taking forever to edge upwards, was only crunching 1 task per gpu :( Oh dear I see Mr Loudbobs and Mr Ba Ba's output is increasing :eek:;)

"I would have gotten away with it if it was not for you meddling crunchers"

;):D

Associate
Seem to be dropping about 34k per day from two 480's at stock.

Think it should be higher than that running three wu per card:confused:

LB which overclocks better the Trafalgar or Astute, hate to tihnk what would happen if you developed a leak on your cooling setup:eek:

Soldato
OP
I would leave it on 2 work units per gpu sah, also prevents em sounding like a choking tractor but there again tis winter and if your after saving on heating costs ;)

Am about a week away from being all done n dusted with me travelling aboot and ready to knuckle down to some serious crunching and getting the news back up and running finally :o:D

Back
Top Bottom