***The Official Nokia Lumia 720 Thread***

Associate
Couldn't see an official thread for this so here we go..

Picked up one yesterday and am massively impressed with it. For a mid range phone it packs a lot of value in. Got it on O2 for £22pm (£10 for the phone and £12 for the airtime) with 600 minutes / Ultd texts and 750mb data.

Nokia-Lumia-720-3.jpg

Specifications

Dimensions
Height: 127.9 mm
Width: 67.5 mm
Thickness: 9 mm
Weight: 128 g

Processor
Processor name: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4
Processor type: Dual-core 1 GHz

Memory
User data storage: In device, Memory card, SkyDrive cloud storage
RAM: 512 MB
Mass memory: 8 GB
Expandable memory card type: MicroSD
Maximum memory card size: 64 GB
Free cloud storage: 7 GB

Display and User Interface
Display size: 4.3 ''
Display resolution: WVGA (800 x 480)
Display features: ClearBlack, Orientation sensor, High brightness mode, Color boosting, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2, Ambient light sensor, Sculpted glass, Easy to clean, Sunlight readability enhancements
Display colors: TrueColor (24-bit/16M)
Aspect ratio: 15:9
Pixel density: 217 ppi
Display technology: IPS LCD
Display height: 94 mm
Display width: 56 mm
Touch screen technology: Super sensitive touch
Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Magnetometer

Photography
Main camera sensor: 6.7 MP

Power management
Battery model: BP-4GWA
Battery capacity: 2000 mAh
Battery voltage: 3.7 V
Removable battery: No
Maximum standby time: 21 days
Maximum 2G talk time: 23.4 h
Maximum 3G standby time: 520 h
Maximum 3G talk time: 13.4 h
Music playback time: 79 h
Video playback time: 8.3 h
Maximum Wi-Fi network browsing time: 9.4 h
Wireless charging: Yes, with accessory cover

The best things about it for me are

• Premium look and feel - on a par with the 9xx imo
  • Great size and form - unibody design, thinnest of all the Lumia's, nice and light and screen big enough without being too bulky
  • Gorilla glass with curved bevel, really deep black and looks great
  • Nice and vibrant display without being too in your face
  • Removable storage with micro SD support to 64GB
  • Wireless charging support with clip on shell accessory
  • Great low light camera performance

Downside obviously is 1.0 ghz processor vs 1.5 and only 512mb of ram however in normal usage you don't notice this and if you don't play the higher end games then the ram is not a problem.

So all in all, is this the best midrange phone out there and a bit of a hidden gem? I think so! :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Friend at work got one after playing about with my 920, told him about the 720 as he wanted something lighter in the hand, have to say it does feel really nice to use and nice finish.
Ill ask you but when you connect yours to the PC does it show your files on the phone just as removable memory would?...ie in explorer you can navigate everything and drag drop stuff onto it?...my friends doesn't show up at all on any WP machine. Im thinking hes got a problem with his.

Associate
OP
Hmm, mines back with O2 being sent off for repair with a cracked screen after I dropped it getting it out of my pocket. Something I've done before with my Xperia T with no ill effects. Hope it was just unlucky and not a weakness point with the screen, it has Gorilla Glass 2 so I would hope not..

On the plus side though I love the phone, also got a wireless charging shell for it which hardly adds any bulk or weight and great to be able to just pop it onto the pad to charge.

Can't wait to get it back! Anyone else got one yet?

Soldato
I'd go for one if I could get one at a decent price. Haven't seen any for sale tbh (I'm in Ireland) where did you get yours. The 820's are dropping so quick they probably see no point in selling the 720 here.

Associate
OP
Difficult to answer that one as I've got a wireless charger shell and pad at work so it's being topped up all the time.

Given the fact that it has the same battery as the 920 (2000 mAh) though plus lower processor speed etc you'd expect it to be v.good.

Figures below vs 920 from phonearena.com

Talk time 23.40 hours vs 17.00 hours
Talk time (3G) 13.40 hours vs 10.00 hours
Stand-by time (3G) 21.7 days (520 hours) vs 16.7 days (400 hours)

Associate
Does anybody know anything about sudden death issues on this phone. My wife has had it freeze on a black screen twice now and she's only had it a week. Both times it's required a reboot.

Soldato
Does anybody know anything about sudden death issues on this phone. My wife has had it freeze on a black screen twice now and she's only had it a week. Both times it's required a reboot.

As opposed to the expected deaths? :D....sorry...I..I couldn't help myself.

Back
Top Bottom