Status
Not open for further replies.
Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Have been frustrated with the imperfect finish I've been getting whilst machine polishing, blaming both my technique and the pad being well used. A new pad and changing my technique definitely helped! Tried on bootlid and it was better, but as it's silver couldn't get a decent 50/50, but managed to get this one from the lights:

_MG_3312.jpg

Boot then needed a new coat of wax, so 3 coats of Collinite 476s later :D

20130809_180051.jpg

Soldato
Hoovered, washed, polished and put a coat of 476s on today.Even cleaned behind the spokes of the wheels, filthy after a week. That was a workout, but water just sheets off now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought some special offer Simoniz spray wax from Tesco today. If its anything like the rest of the Simoniz range it should be a more than acceptable product.

The aim of the game is to see if spray wax can be used as a quick simple treatment on wheels after cleaning them to stop crud from getting really engrained

Spray wax works an absolute treat on wheels.

After i cleaned them i gave them a spray then buffed them up and they looked lovely. Gave them a clean again today and the brake dust just falls off, so i spray waxed them again. total winner and it costs nothing

Soldato
20130810_173333_zps43cf1617.jpg

Gave this a clean yesterday to be sold. It was filthy, and it's mum's car so it saw an automatic car wash about 6 times a year. But it didn't come up bad at all, jet wash followed by a wash with some turtle wax shampoo stuff I had laying about. A quick going over with SRP afterwards and that was it. A pretty half arsed job :)

Soldato
Should be getting my new (used) car in the next 2 weeks and want to know what's the best way to protect it (wax etc). The garage tried to include williams ceramic coat at £499 but that was soon fobbed off.

Soldato
Had a little win at the weekend on a football bet so completed my car cleaning collection. Hopfully just refills or trying new products once in a blue moon from now on. :D

DAS-6 PRO - Meguiars & Chemical Guys Hex Logic Kit
Valet Pro - PH Neutral Snow Foam
CarPro - Iron X 500ml
Auto Finesse - Oblitarate
Chemical Guys - Green 5.5" Hex-Logic Pad
Valet Pro - Inch Round Wheel Brush
Meguiars Lambswool Wash Mitt
Led Lenser L5
I4D Uber Yellow Premium Drying

Might pick up some Poorboys Nattys Blue Paste Wax :D

Soldato
I already have 476. Just heard nattys give a really nice finish on dark cars and easy to use.

I've found with most products that there's a trade-off between finish, ease of use and durability.

I bought the Blackfire Wet Ice Over Fire kit from Polished Bliss based on reviews that said it gave an incredible finish, which it does, but it doesn't last very long.

If you were going to a show and shine I couldn't recommend it enough.

However, for day-to-day driving you can't beat a good sealant like AG EGP combined with a long-lasting wax like 476.

Associate
I agree with wohoo. I polished with megs, sealed and then when to tech wax my black corsa today and in dull light the wax made the metallica flakes in the paint work harder to see. I ended up cleaning the car with traffic film remover and just polishing and waxing. Ready for the rain :(

Associate
Not got any pictures, but I used my DAS-6 Pro for the first time at the weekend (Hex logic pads, Mezerna polishes & Dodo Purple Haze Wax).

Firstly it looks amazing albeit a little dusty from where the polish had dried out from it being such a warm day! Secondly it is absolutely insane how much work it turns out to be, thought i'd be finished long before I actually ended up putting everything away and making a run for it!

Anyone have an idea whether snow foam will strip off the wax/polish when I next wash the car at all? Should probably know this but to be honest have never given it too much thought as this is the first time I've proactively gone out to correct the swirls on the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom