• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Urgent help needed please

Associate
Hi,
Just about to buy a second gtx 670 windforce for sli.
Question is does it mater or effect performance if I have a sound card inbetween the 2 gpus?My sound card uses a pcie lane and I dont want to sit the 2 windforces beside each other.
Any help appreciated.
utxu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Permabanned
It should be ok, but your top card will get very hot. I would make sure you have good fans blowing air in between the sound card and top gpu. If not there are spot coolers you can get to help keep temps down.

Associate
It depends on whether the next available slot will also run at the full speed.

The mobo specs says:

1. 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16 (PCIEX16_1, PCIEX16_2)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16_1 slot; if you are installing two PCI Express graphics cards, it is recommended that you install them in the PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2 slots.

2. 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x8 (PCIEX8_1, PCIEX8_2)
* The PCIEX8_1 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16_1 slot and the PCIEX8_2 slot with PCIEX16_2. The PCIEX16_1/PCIEX16_2 slot will operate at up to x8 mode when the PCIEX8_1/PCIEX8_2 is populated.

Associate
OP
Hi,
Im not really concerned about heat.Just want to know if having my Asus Xonar card(PCIE) in pcie slot 2,and my Windforces in slot 1 and 3 will it have a major effect on sli performance?
I know the ideal thing would be to have the windforces in slots 1 and 3 with a gap between them but then I have no pcei lane for my soundcard.
What I dont want to do is have the 2 windforces side by side for obvious heat issues.
Again thanks for your help guys.

Back
Top Bottom