****Folding@home setup guide****

Soldato
thanks for the tip just added it to both gpu's. :o

i got a passkey from when i was folding for linus tech tips and im using it on both rigs, is that the right way to do it or should i have one for each rig?:confused:

also does your signature update its self ? if so how do i get one

same passkey for both mate, as for the sig , theres a tool that does it for you, all you do is then as the link to your sig

here is an example

here is the site

http://fahstat.piggott.me.uk/?mode=edit&category=general&page=general&gen_log=0

enter your username then click update, this will them bring up a sig, but you can upload your own back ground if you want and from the left hand settings add/remove which ever items you want to show on there :)

don't forget, you can see how your doing here, scroll throw the pages till you find your self, but whith hardware your rinning, it wont be long till your on the first page lol :D

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=10

this page is for our team only, as you can see , lots of inactive folders :(

Last edited:
Associate
thanks its called glass , i picked it from the list. so what are you folding on these days?

yeah i should hitting that when the 780's arrive.
im going to be putting the 680's on the folding rig so they see more action, and then getting rid of the 465.

Soldato
thanks its called glass , i picked it from the list. so what are you folding on these days?

yeah i should hitting that when the 780's arrive.
im going to be putting the 680's on the folding rig so they see more action, and then getting rid of the 465.

just a 3570k + amd 7950 , I do have a server also folding for me at the minute aswell, this gets upto 300k ppd or more sometimes.

gtx780 gets upto 150k ppd each I think:eek::cool:

Associate
one of the 780's turned up the other day and just put it on the folding rig for testing .
it was getting about 125k ppd on its first wu .

this weekend i should have the folding rig sorted with the 680's installed, so they should see more WU than they are currently getting

Soldato
Looking very good ricky :)

im rather jelous of your gpus, I really want another 7950 but with the silly cheap offers around , I know as soon as I buy one itll go down to £150 or so from nearly £200

are you cards watercooled ?

Associate
Looking very good ricky :)

im rather jelous of your gpus, I really want another 7950 but with the silly cheap offers around , I know as soon as I buy one itll go down to £150 or so from nearly £200

are you cards watercooled ?

yeah i think you should see a price drop fairly soon , just keep an eye out for the 1 day deals and deals of the weeks.

im using the artic acelero hybrid on the gtx 680's but ill be swapping them to the 780's (http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/vga/569/accelero-hybrid.html)
, its like the all in one liquid cpu cooler but it has a shroud with a fan to cool memory and vrm's . there amazing getting full load temps of 43 degrees .

2p74H0Pl.jpg

Associate
That's one fully loaded pc right there!

so do you fold on a weekend only then?

before the liquid coolers it was one empty looking 900d.

yeah i work during the week so only occasional fold after i get in and when the computers idle , i like to be around to keep an eye on things .

but with the 680's on the folding rig im going to run it for a day this weekend , if it all goes smoothly i might start running a few days during the week.

Soldato
before the liquid coolers it was one empty looking 900d.

yeah i work during the week so only occasional fold after i get in and when the computers idle , i like to be around to keep an eye on things .

but with the 680's on the folding rig im going to run it for a day this weekend , if it all goes smoothly i might start running a few days during the week.

once you have left it a few times unattended you will see its fine to do so. I go to work every night and leave myn folding

Hopefully, I'll get round to installing my new cooling loop this weekend....

:D

which pc are you changing your water loop on bob?

ps - ricky, you should see what loudbob folds with... 3 x 4 cpu servers :o :D

Last edited:
Associate
I'm redoing the CPU loop on Zeus....

This is how it was:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=21799698&postcount=125

But one of the 680's blew up and set fire to the Motherboard.

MSI replaced the 680, but I had to buy a new Motherboard - the Motherboard water block was a write off as was the gpu water block.

But now I've just got all new stuff to re do the CPU loop - gonna wait a bit before I do the Titan's (so I can get the water blocks & backing plates all from one place).

Sorry, I've not had chance to reply to your email - net connection issues - had to call sky to arrange BT Engineer to fix (turns out it was the connection to the telegrapgh pole that was all corroded - just snapped off in his hand when he got hold of it).

Soldato
I'm redoing the CPU loop on Zeus....

This is how it was:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=21799698&postcount=125

But one of the 680's blew up and set fire to the Motherboard.

MSI replaced the 680, but I had to buy a new Motherboard - the Motherboard water block was a write off as was the gpu water block.

But now I've just got all new stuff to re do the CPU loop - gonna wait a bit before I do the Titan's (so I can get the water blocks & backing plates all from one place).

Sorry, I've not had chance to reply to your email - net connection issues - had to call sky to arrange BT Engineer to fix (turns out it was the connection to the telegrapgh pole that was all corroded - just snapped off in his hand when he got hold of it).

you sold all the 680s of didn't you? whats in there now? 780s? I bet you spend just as much as water cooling as you do on the hardware.

I really want better cooling so I can buy another 7950 but cant afford a full set up from scratch:( 1 card and I can just buy after market better air cooler, 2 cards and ill need water as the gpu after market coolers take 3 slots up :o

Associate
got the folding rig sorted with the 680's installed and ive been running over night with no problems. i should be able to leave it folding while im at work and not have to worry about it.
jqLqAlOl.jpg.png

Soldato
So what's the score on the 780s and at what clocks?

Remember that the Core17 units get more points the faster they are finished so stopping folding with units unfinished kills the points you'll get for those and potentially undermines the project so if you need to stop, always set the slots to "Finish" and wait until they're all done before shutting down.

Associate
So what's the score the 780s and at what clocks?

Remember the Core17 units get more points the faster they are finished so stopping folding with units unfinished kills the points you'll get for those and potentially undermines the project so if you need to stop, always set the slots to "Finish" and wait until they're all done before shutting down.

On the 780rig I'm getting between 230-320k ppd
The 780's will probably only see weekend work and maybe just one a day during the week.
I've always been letting the gpu's Finnish the wu, just not the cpu as some times it can take a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom