Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn

Associate
Enjoying the crafting system, bit of a ball ache until level 10 however. The way you can then leave it then to continue kinda reminds me of macroing on UO.

Soldato
I thought if you owned the original FFXIV you could play this, but my username and password won't work?! All it did was create a new Square Enix account and said I needed to buy the game!

Soldato
I thought if you owned the original FFXIV you could play this, but my username and password won't work?! All it did was create a new Square Enix account and said I needed to buy the game!

I spent ages figuring this one out at the weekend - you can play if you owned the original, but not until full release, unless you were a subscriber for three months, in which case you'll (probably) get early access.

You use the account you used for the original game. If you can't remember what this account was called, you're royally screwed - you can do a password reset, but they won't tell you what the username is if you've forgotten.

You also can't install the original game and update it, you just get this useless message that the service is no longer available. Not so much as a redirect to the current version.

I was heartbroken trying to get around it all at the weekend, never seen such a convoluted, badly organised system.

Associate
I spent ages figuring this one out at the weekend - you can play if you owned the original, but not until full release, unless you were a subscriber for three months, in which case you'll (probably) get early access.

You use the account you used for the original game. If you can't remember what this account was called, you're royally screwed - you can do a password reset, but they won't tell you what the username is if you've forgotten.

You also can't install the original game and update it, you just get this useless message that the service is no longer available. Not so much as a redirect to the current version.

I was heartbroken trying to get around it all at the weekend, never seen such a convoluted, badly organised system.

Pre-order from amazon, they'll send you an early access code its takes around 15 mins. Follow the instructions and then cancel the pre-order after. Worked for me, I've got 1.0 without the three months etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Guessing by all the server issues I've not missing out much on not having early access :p

Hope the digital collectors edition upgrades is up soon, want that Coeurl mount!

Also is it 2 weeks free access 1.0 account holders get?

Caporegime
these server limits are a joke and I don't see them getting any better with the official launch date :|

I've probably only had around 3-5 hours off being logged in during the daytime hours and even at 1am-3am it's not easy to get logged in

Associate
Anyone got a FC going on Cerberus? Seems to be a lot of people from here on the server :)

Hit me up in game if anyone has one going - level 22 Gladiator - Rai Hext

Caporegime
An Apology to Our Players Using NA/EU Data Centers

On behalf of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Development Team, I would like to extend my deepest apologies to those Early Access participants who have had difficulty using the NA/EU data centers.

In response to a variety of issues, we have conducted emergency maintenance several times in the past several days. The first instance, which was conducted six hours following the beginning of early access, was for the purpose of addressing the errors 90000 and 3000, which were first discovered during phase 4 of the beta test.

Our server team then began taking measures to improve the performance of the lobby and duty finder servers. The subsequent emergency maintenance was necessary to implement their changes.

This maintenance proceeded as planned, and afterwards we verified that the stability of instanced battles and the duty finder was much improved. However, we then discovered that certain lobby servers had been improperly configured, and we were forced to conduct another brief maintenance to resolve this issue.

Although we have successfully addressed a number of serious issues in the past several days, we have nevertheless decided to implement login restrictions for the time being due to the extremely heavy load being placed upon the servers. In this way, we can ensure that the maximum number of players can play the game without risking a sever crash. I know no one wants to wait to log in, but I hope you all understand why we believe this precaution is necessary.

Once again, I would like to sincerely apologize to all our players who have been unable to enjoy Early Access due to the tremendous congestion, the ensuing issues, and the frequent maintenance.

Everyone on the development and operations teams is dedicated to providing the best possible experience for our customers, and we will continue to do our utmost to resolve the remaining and any future issues.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer/Director, Naoki Yoshida

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/68427-An-Apology-to-Our-Players-Using-NA-EU-Data-Centers

Might help if people can't afk for the whole day on the damn servers...

why did I bother to log out this morning....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom