****Folding@home setup guide****

Associate
wont be long now till your pushing me down the list lol! seriously.... it wont be :p

lol , i don't think so like i said the 780's will probably only see 1-2 workloads a day during the week.

my ppd has settled at around 345k for the 900D rig.
and around 230k for the folding rig.

Soldato
I couldn't have a rig like that and have it not folding. I'm away from my systems most of each week but I use my local hands (kids) to re-start them where necessary. if you don't have that option, use LogMeIn or similar.

Don't worry, the bug will catch you soon and you'll feel you have to fold 24/7!

Associate
I couldn't have a rig like that and have it not folding. I'm away from my systems most of each week but I use my local hands (kids) to re-start them where necessary. if you don't have that option, use LogMeIn or similar.

Don't worry, the bug will catch you soon and you'll feel you have to fold 24/7!

ha that's so true i feel bad when im playing games and not folding.

Soldato
My kids play Minecraft, I play flash-based games like Sudoku or Pool, my wife watches TV on the computer. So why do I have 2 560Ti-448 and one normal one, plus a water-cooled 470 and I just bought a 670? Oh and I have a water-cooled 2600K.

A: Folding!

Soldato
My kids play Minecraft, I play flash-based games like Sudoku or Pool, my wife watches TV on the computer. So why do I have 2 560Ti-448 and one normal one, plus a water-cooled 470 and I just bought a 670? Oh and I have a water-cooled 2600K.

A: Folding!

hay mike , whats your user name as you should be over 100k ppd and cant work out who you are as every one seems to match there forum name

Associate
cant belive how many places ricky is shooting up !

I've left it folding today while at work, I'm going to try and set up splashtop streamer so i can keep an eye on it.

Had some server issues yesterday with submitting wu and downloading new ones, think I lost a 29k wu

Soldato
I've left it folding today while at work, I'm going to try and set up splashtop streamer so i can keep an eye on it.

Had some server issues yesterday with submitting wu and downloading new ones, think I lost a 29k wu

it was the same for everybody, standford moved some servers or something along those lines, everybodys folding client gave up for a while.

Soldato
Ricky were did you get them liquid coolers for your 680s? I cant find them in England any were, im waiting for ocuk to get the Accelero Xtreme back in stock but its taking a while.

Soldato
Amazon, and there is a UK seller called envizage solutions just ordered 2 for my 780's

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008BHFVGM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
How long have you had yours? anything watercooled always makes me think before buying, if a pump brakes, your gpus naffed! are they known for braking like them corsair h100 that everybody seems to have a problem with

how much space does it use? 3 pci slot or 2 and a bit? if I can find a good cooling solution I can have another 7950 in my case.

this case isn't my current case but the same motherboard the amd 7950 is in the top slot so you can see there is 3 pci slots between gpus. ignore the gpus in the pic, they was sold 2 or so months ago now. the bottom gpu may be pushing it! not much room before it hits the psu

Last edited:
Soldato
Had mine since 1 month after the launch of the 680. Yeah I'd say it's 2 and a bit, I've got them 1 slot apart on the folding rig

nice , seems I can have 2 x 7950 after all :D:D

Hey guys I have just in stalled folding at home on my PC and running it now, 2 GPU's :D I hope my small contribution helps :)

good on ya:D have you followed the above steps to get the huge numbers for the gpus?

Back
Top Bottom