*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Caporegime

I think sense based ROMs would still suit me better "overall". I just wish we could apply a holo theme to sense based ROMs like how you can with samsung devices and touchwiz :(

Pretty good photo there but as you said, I think with the sense camera the colours would be a bit more "lively" and the photo would have been sharper too.

just sold my iphone 5 on before the price drops too much and picked up an htc one x fort 100 quid

have they received the sense 5 update yet ?

HTC rolled out the update about 2 weeks ago and a few people in the x thread have received it.

Soldato
i've decided the 'stock' camera included in the rom is better than focal, seems to have a much simpler option system and looks a bit better. i'll try and get a snap for comparison, although a little tied up atm.

for me, the only thing missing from this rom is beats audio, because i like it loud and with bags of bass. the dsp manager on this is cack really, no where near as loud and still distorts with about 9dB less bass :(

give trickdroid a try mate, see what you think (it's sense 5 so that's a bonus), then give beanstalk a go and prepare to be blown away! if there was a way to implement the sense cam/beats into this rom, it would never EVER come off my phone :D

Caporegime
I'll will try to get around to doing it sometime this week! Probably just stick with sense based ROM for the camera and browser mainly. Is the bluetooth and wifi tether working yet?

If only we lived near each other, you could do my phone for me :p :D

Soldato
afaik they still haven't fixed those issues in trickdroid, but that's mainly because development has stopped (or at least been put on the back burner due to the dude currently dealing with it taking over from someone else, and he has other projects he's working on). it's still in beta so makes even more sense they haven't been sorted yet.

it's so easy to do dude:

it's for the htc one, but exactly the same principle :)

e: oh, and i've found a beats apk that works :D

Caporegime
Ah, will hold of till those are fixed then! Are they working on beanstalk?

Thanks for that video, shall watch it about 10 times before I actually do it! :p :D

Nice! Now if only they could port the sense camera over and I would be over the moon! :D

Soldato
i wouldn't hold your breath on trickdroid, it seems like it's dead in the water... but you never know.

everything works great in beanstalk! all the sensors etc all work, wifi, bt, tethering etc all work fine. the guy(s) doing beanstalk aren't the same team on trickdroid btw, 2 different groups :)

i'm sure someone will figure out the sense camera at some point, then it's plain sailing :p

Caporegime
Damn! :( What about other sense V5 based ROMs? And what about that venom group, are they still around working on a sense V5 ROM?

Nice! Surprised that everything is working on a 4.3 based ROM :eek: :cool:

Have you tried out the PACman and PA ROM out?

Soldato
haven't really looked for a sense 5 rom of late, as i only decided on a whim the other day to stick beanstalk on there :D

iirc there's at least 2/3 on the front page in the dev section on xda, so might be worth having a butchers to find one that suits you most.

iirc beanstalk is a recompile of cm10, but then they've slapped a zillion more options in there and bundled it with the bubba kernel, so happy days :p

haven't tried any other roms apart from zen, TD, BS and viper s (which i couldn't get to work cos i was on the wrong version of TWRP, so gave up). viper s is still on 4.1.1 iirc, so don't think i'll bother lol

i think then next one i do try will be pacrom, as that looks pretty brilliant, and if so, i think i'll switch over to the bricked or bulletproof kernels, as they both look very good.

Caporegime
Thanks again! :)

Will have to look around and see what other sense V5 ROMs there are.

Shame venom haven't got a sense v5 up yet as I think there ROMs are regarded as being the best overall.

Have heard good things about the pac man rom, think you will like it a lot as supposedly it is pretty much just PA and CM combined so LOADS of features/options to mess around with.

Soldato
so been using the ondemand governor; had to reboot cos of installing that beats audio thing at 3.30pm, but here's some stats for usage. before i rebooted i had 1.45 screen on time, and it's been moderate usage throughout the day, on and off wifi fairly evenly.

Screenshot_2013-09-10-23-21-57.png

Screenshot_2013-09-10-23-22-10.png

around 1/3 battery left, with approx 3 hours screen on overall.

tomorrow i'm going to try the interactive governor, which iirc is what would be used if you were on the stock rom.

Caporegime
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

:D

Sense V5 looks like it will be coming to the one S very soon:

https://twitter.com/LlabTooFeR/status/378795664001351680

Christmas will come for One S users (S4 Processor) much earlier this year ;) Stay tuned!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2q5xkfos69dzyx/G7XHkrZe-n

Also, someone asked if it's coming in October or November.. And he answered.. Maybe sooner!

There goes my plans for rooting soon :p

Caporegime
pfft, just root it for god sake! :D

:D

From the top of my head:

Sense V5:

- much improved UI throughout
- blinkfeed
- probably a bit faster and perhaps better battery life as well as maybe improvements to things like wifi/mobile signal

and android 4.2.2 means we can use apps like dashclock and have whatever else 4.2.2 brought to the table.

Although, it might not be an OTA update, might have to download it from htcdev and flash it.

Caporegime
Yup, only S4 one S devices will be getting the update, S3 won't.

apparently qualcomm is to blame as they aren't providing the sources or whatever to HTC and was why HTC weren't going to provide any update at all even for the S4 one s

Back
Top Bottom