****Folding@home setup guide****

Soldato
The hybrid version is over £100 , ill just get the air cooled version @ £50 when ocuk get them back in stock. This is also just under 3 pci slots so will work also. need to hunt down a psu capable of powering 2 cards now :D

Associate
When you have more that one gfx card in use (nvidia or amd), looking at the pictures above I take it you don't have them connected in Sli / xfire (with the bridge) or does it matter?

Associate
did you get them other coolers for the 780s rick? did they arrive quickly?

yeah they both come within 3 days of ordering. getting some good over clocks with one of the cards getting to 1275 MHz stable and 1202 MHz on the other, and that's without touching the voltage. what about your cooler did you find it in stock anywhere ?

Soldato
yeah they both come within 3 days of ordering. getting some good over clocks with one of the cards getting to 1275 MHz stable and 1202 MHz on the other, and that's without touching the voltage. what about your cooler did you find it in stock anywhere ?

I emailed artic and they said its no longer been made, ocuk have some others but seem very large!

Associate
i switched it off for a clean of the radiators and it didn't come back to life. it was an os problem but i managed to reinstall windows and it seems to be running fine now.

edit i seem to only be getting core 15's , i made sure i set it to client-type then advanced for both gpu's

Last edited:
Associate
Need help 2nd gpu

Ok guys I got my 2nd 680gtx installed. Now I'm using the latest F@H download and nvidia beta drivers 331.40

The card in gpu0 works fine but the card in gpu1 isn't showing in the dialog box or working. When I look in my system spec it is shown as being there in gpu1.

I have installed BONIC also and both cards work fine using it.

Any ideas what I need to do? Oh yes and I don't have the sli bridge connected (so can rule that out)

Associate
Ah it ok guys I figured out I had to add the slot manually for the 2nd card its working now. But jeez the fan on my new gfx card is noisy ! compared to the reference one

Soldato
Associate
Encountering a problem today, Folding is running but I can't view the control window or webviewer. When I click icon in the sys tray I get no pop up.
The screen saver pops up but that's all that I can view atm. I can't uninstall either to try getting it back to normal. I'm stumped !

*Update*

I ended up uninstalling all, including data :( and I now have access to advanced control again when I reinstalled.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom