*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Soldato
OOOH EEEM GEEE

pacrom is absolutely AWESOME! had a problem with beanstalk in the latest build (may've been completely my fault with installing a beat audio thingy...) where the mic wouldn't work during a call, so figured i'd switch. it's truly fantastic so far!

Associate
trying to follow some guides to install that maximus hd rom, having trouble getting my phone to be in s-off mode. Anyone point me in the right direction to a clear guide?

Soldato
just had a look in there, and all i get is this... can't find where what you posted is :confused:

Screenshot_2013-09-22-22-17-18.png

e: just discovered you can swipe there :D d'oh!

Soldato
it's daunting at first, but seriously once you've rooted, the hard bit is out the way!

flashing a rom consists of:

going into recovery
wipe dalvik/cache/data/system (NOT sd card)
flashing rom
flashing gapps if needed
reboot into bootloader and plug in usb
open command prompt in the folder you have the boot.img file from the rom in with shift+rightclick - open cmd here
type: fastboot flash boot boot.img
reboot
done :)

Soldato
depends entirely what hboot you're on. if you've updated your phone to 4.1, you'll have hboot 2.15, which just means you need to do the root procedure. ignore s-off, all that does is stop you needing to fastboot flash the boot.img file, hardly worth it considering you can brick your phone if you s-off incorrectly.

if you haven't updated your phone via OTA, do it now, then download hasoon's toolkit for rooting, you just follow a 5 or 6 step procedure. seriously, it's so simple!

e: if you're on hboot 2.15, you can use the 3.4 kernels too, which are luuuurvely! just stuck bubba on mine and have undervolted, oc'd the gpu a tiny bit, and it allows other governors to be used (i'm using intellidemand atm, seems good).

Soldato
Yea, Hasoon's looked good, but it has been taken down from XDA for reasons unknown, which makes me uneasy about using it, otherwise it would have allayed my fears! Nice to know about hboot, I wasn't aware of that, thanks.

Soldato
so they are, my bad.

no idea why that's happened then, will read through the thread and see if i can find something.

i might still have the files for it which i can rehost if you like (this is obv the one i used for rooting so i know it works fine)

e: interesting...

xda thread said:
"Thread closed

Thread closed until further notice for forum rule violations in the application.

The issue does not involve malware, privacy concerns or any other immediate danger to users of the toolkit.

As a matter of policy, moderators will not discuss the details of the case with third parties.

The OP is aware of the situation.

Distributing, posting links or providing information on how to obtain the toolkits in their current form will not be allowed."

Last edited:
Caporegime
meh! :p

I was going to do it last week but just cba with the faff :o :( Besides probably not have the one s for much longer if the nexus 5 or moto x (version coming over here) are very impressive for a great price........

Back
Top Bottom