**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
What an absolute BS decision. Seriously, the judges have got to be bent, 49-46? In what world did Jones win 4 of the 5 rounds?

I appreciate he got a takedown in the last, but what about the 11 that got stuffed, how does that NOT count in favour for Gustaffson in the grappling department, it's the same as throwing punches and missing.

Utter BS.

Permabanned
it was very close fight, good to watch but to be honest jones was never hurt during the fight, it has to be a land slide to beat a champion on points.

Soldato
It was nice to see Jones get taken to the full 5 rounds. He was matched in the standup and beaten to the punch, taken down, and had his take-downs stopped. If only he had been man enough to admit his opponent matched him (at least), rather than suggest he didn't perform as well as he could have.

Caporegime
I see Silva has been giving it the large saying he had an injury in the Weidman fight.

This guy acts all humble but has absolutely zero class and is fake, Sonnen was bang on with what he said about him. Hope Weidman does him again, would be amazing.

Man of Honour
TUF was a bit boring last night, tbh ive had enough of the reality side of things, i just fast forward through those bits now so it takes ~15-20 mins to watch the 40 minute show

Soldato
Regarding the Gus won it thoughts, I thought he may have got it also.... but Jones did land some major strikes, Gus looked like he won it via more strikes I tend to feel if you want to beat the champ you REALLY have to beat him ie like pettis vs bendo, you cant just hit 100 times more then the other guy and do a frankie edgar move you must show the champ why you are a champ and take that belt !

Anyhow bjpenn and frankie next season coaches for tuf next year, I have no idea how bjpenn is gonna chase frankie around the ring for 25 minutes, frankie understands if he grabs him and manages to secure him and get on the matt its his world otherwise no way to win !

Soldato
I love the danger element Palhares brings to the cage, kinda like hendricks with his power, but he's pulled this **** before and deserved to be released.

Mike had tapped, yelped in pain and tapped again, the ref intervened and still he didn't let go.

It takes milliseconds to tear a knee apart with that lock, Palhares knows this and held it anyway.

Man of Honour
i watch the fight a few years ago when Rousimar Palhares failed to let go of a leg lock, he got boo'd out of the house that night, last time i watched him fight was against Alan Belcher.. Belcher schooled him that night, he even seemed to let Palhares put him in a leg lock just to show how easily he could get out of it.. then he TKO'd him :D

Back
Top Bottom