****The Official Nokia 925 Thread****

Associate
Haha, this is actually a long standing joke internally as the UK CEO put out a mail that amounted to "today O2 announced their 4G strat. That's nice for them but I'm not worried" and then hinted we would announce details within the next few weeks (TURBO EDIT: Turns out it's today, am behind :( ). He's pretty upbeat, likely because (TOTALLY IN MY OPINION) the O2 deployment strat is really... odd. No major city coverage down south? Slow rollout? No prices announced bar the entry? I'm just looking at it from a rollout perspective but there's something just not quite right here.

Southern coverage? Pfft they have Bradford, don't need anything else ;). I wonder if they have rushed it out a bit worrying about what you were up to?

Stelly, did you get this as a free replacement for your dodgy 920(s)?

Associate
Well my 925 arrives in a couple days, I'm upgrading from a Lumia 800.

I can't find a good case similar to the one the 800 was bundled with though.

Associate
Well I left the 800 at home and used the 925 today, its bigger than the 800 but skinnier, the battery life and camera are better. I haven't noticed any major differences between Windows 7.8 and 8, but it noticibly looks a lot nicer on this screen and resolution.

Soldato
Wife wishes she'd never swapped from her iPhone.

The phone will lock for no apparent reason throughout normal use of the phone. It's now happening three or four times a day.

I tried searching for a solution but couldn't find anything.

I don't think she will be buying another WP.

Soldato
Just bought one of these off ebay to replace my Lumia 920 which has to go back as I'm changing companies.

I thought long and hard about going back to Android (iPhones are too small for me) but I use a Nexus 7 on a daily basis for casual use and for work I wanted the ease of use and integration that comes with using Windows Phone with AES.

It's a 32GB Vodafone version with Vodafone FW, does anyone know if it's worth flashing to a standard firmware or shall I just live with the Vodafone customisations?

Soldato
Really giving this some serious thought now. Not fussed on ios 7 on my Iphone 5. Need a phone that links in better with my Microsoft accounts. These can be had reasonable now to

Soldato
awesome phone, just got me one brand new for 190 (Vodafone GR sale). One question though, vodafone has pulled data sense out of the black update, i just wanted to ask you chaps if the unbranded UK CV ones do have data sense built in.

i might just flash the UK generic rom because data sense is important to me (plus i hate branded roms)

Back
Top Bottom