*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Soldato
more reason to get some practice in on your one s if you're upgrading :p

it's not a lot of hassle tbh, and being the tweaker you are, you'll enjoy setting up stuff everytime new features get added... i know i do ;)

Soldato
found it some uploading to dropbox now for ya :)

yup, the one released on the 22nd of sept.

e: i really really recommend using the bubba kernel with it too, seems a bit better than the one supplied with the rom. but for now, i'd say get comfortable with doing the rom and think about it in the future :)

Soldato
the install process for kernels is exactly the same for roms;

• copy boot.img to the 'android' folder you create (either on desktop or c:/)
  • flash zip in recovery
  • reboot into bootloader
  • connect usb cable
  • make sure you're in fastbootusb mode
  • shift + right click in 'android' folder (whitespace) and 'open command window here'
  • type: fastboot flash boot boot.img
  • reboot phone and enjoy :)

any questions, just ask ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8b6wn0r5s8en12u/ju4swTvXVF

Soldato
does the download link allow you to download it as one folder or seperate folder + file?

only reason i ask is i'm pretty certain you HAVE to run it from inside the encompassing folder... which needs to be called One_S_All-In-One_Kit_v3.5

so create a folder, name it that, then dump everything in.

Soldato
CM 10.1 is on! first impressions are great, very slinky. I didn't go for PAC-ROM in the end because the latest CM 10.2 builds seem to have quite a few bootloop issues.

What's with the red HTC Dev text warning on boot at the white screen? Makes it sound very scary but it's built on public code???

Soldato
no worries man. it's nothing big, just would be nice to have that unified feel from lockscreen to homescreen.

also, do you find the themes randomly default as well? on my homescreen (via nova launcher) it'll go back to black seemingly when it feels like. i even themed it so it was yellow/black when using the bbc sport app, but that'll change at completely different times too :p

gonna stick on the latest nightly with bubba kernel as apparently it's much more stable than the recent nightlies (i had the bootloop of death just before bed the other night... what a pain that was!)

Soldato
Tbh I don't use color per app anymore, I did use it on my GNex when the feature first came out about a year ago :D

ParanoidAndroid 2.54 on my Galaxy Nexus.
AWESOME ROM + PHONE btw!

Custom Nav buttons + Phablet mode:

NexusPAROMscreenshotsmall.png

Per app custom colour status + nav buttons :cool:

NexusPAROMscreenshot2small.png

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
it's like crack dude :D

tried the latest stable bubba kernel, no wifi. back to the latest beta release for me, although some guy mentioned a version of bubba with no bootloop issues, so asked him about that and hopefully will be on that by the end of the day!

Associate
on beanstalk does your camera app work? or do you have to use a third party app?

figured it out, i hadn't mounted my storage or something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom