• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

XFX Radeon R9 280X Double Dissipation.... SEX on a PCB!

Associate
Hey have you seen the league table? :p

Been a long time since I would want anyone to do that lol.

So does anyone think the 280x will be available to buy next week or pre-order?

Table looks good ATM,

As for the 280x I'm not sure I've only seen the 290x up for pre order and that's the b4 edition without specs or price yet confirmed!

Soldato
I've never been a huge fan of XFX either....however I have a XFX 650W PSU which is quite good. It's not made by XFX :p

TBH I've been quite pleased with my XFX DD 7850. Clocks to 1300MHz and stays below 90c. This was in a MATX case as well. I've had a good experience but I guess you can't argue with those RMA rates.

Associate
I remember having an XFX 4850 OC Edition from OCuK.. had to RMA it.. then just after the 12 months warranty ran out on the replacement it started playing up with crashing.

OCuK tested the first one as soon as i walked in the door with it and said it was faulty. When the replacement became faulty i bought a 4890 and sent the 4850 to a mate in Alabama :) It runs fine for him as long as he does what i told him.

Underclock the factory overclock to stock :p

Caporegime
I've never been a huge fan of XFX either....however I have a XFX 650W PSU which is quite good. It's not made by XFX :p

Agreed, i have the 750w, they are a Sea-Sonic in an XFX frock, see here

I have had it for years, its the best PSU i have ever had and worked with, i find them even more stable than corsair's "Enthusiast Series" no matter how much you make them sweat the voltage regulation stays as solid as a rock, the 750 watt one will pump out 900 watts if needed and not even blink at that.

Their GPU's though, are junk, at least the 7K series was, it remains to be seem if these are any better, for all we know they could be pretty good, a new GPU, a fresh start, give em a chance i say :)

Last edited:
Associate
I cant speak for anyone else but ive had a pair of xfx hd6850's since release day & they have been absolutely fine, I suppose they can get a bit noisy on full load but I can live with that.

They are clocked to a modest 850mhz but I leave memory at stock, the cards really dont like having the memory changed though, bad things happen when I change the memory.

In all honesty if OC have anymore of those Asus 7970's in a couple of weeks I'll get one, after just watching a video of it on youtube im kind of sold on it.

OcUK Staff
When do you expect the Radeon cards to arrive? I was also wondering if you speak to buyers from other etailers about the issues you have had with xfx if so do they share a similar sentiment?

Unknown, but a lot of competitors sell every brand so obviously not too concerned about failure rate they just want to shift as much as possible. :)

Soldato
You'd just RMA the XFX PSU to your E-tailer, so no worries there :p

The main problem with returning to the retailer is the psu has a "5 year warranty" but most retailers don't want to handle your warranty after the first year.

So after the first year you have to go direct to xfx and deal with their "5 star Support" but when you contact support all you get is 2 guys named Tony G and Shaun T trying to mug you off with a 30% discount instead of a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom