• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to over volt a Titan, a 780Ti or a 780 guide

Soldato
Water cooling is rarely cheap, a good dual card + cpu loop will run you the best part of £500.

The mm is brilliant for rads, pumps and fittings though, can save a good few quid scouring the used markets.

If you're planning for next year suarez, start picking up odds and ends now, will ease the single big hit when you come to doing it :)

Edit: Greg do you know if a new version of KBT is in the works? 1.25 supports Titans and not 780's...can make my own Titan vBIOS but not one for a 780 :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorted:

success1300mv.jpg

Pro tip: If you've had a few different GPU's installed with this version of AB (I've had 7970's, 670's,470's and now a 780 on this!) it creates multiple config files. Close AB, go to profiles and delete absolutely everything apart from msiafterburner.cfg, re-open AB, then close again and it will have re-generated the profile you need to add detection to.

Soldato
The mm is brilliant for rads, pumps and fittings though, can save a good few quid scouring the used markets.:(
Am lucky I still have my triple fan 360mm rad, fans, cpu block, water pump, res, barbs, clips etc from my old SLI 8800gtx watercooled setup..

I Would just need 780 blocks and new tubes..(and a few 780 gtx's :p )

Soldato
Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Well done Paul and glad you got sorted.

Safe volts are 1.212V and anything over is a gamble. The HoF cards hard a couple pop with 1.3v but not sure if that is a design flaw. LN2 coolers were popping cards at 1.35v but they had no cooling on the vrm's at all as far as I am aware.

Personally, I just use over 1.2v for benching and then it is a quick bench and back to default.

As for the BIOS's, I can't say what is what, as I have used several but not the engineering BIOS (which I believe is the SLV7). I just know that Skyn3ts works and I am happy to bet money that it is his own work.

Soldato
Well done Paul and glad you got sorted.

Safe volts are 1.212V and anything over is a gamble. The HoF cards hard a couple pop with 1.3v but not sure if that is a design flaw. LN2 coolers were popping cards at 1.35v but they had no cooling on the vrm's at all as far as I am aware.

Personally, I just use over 1.2v for benching and then it is a quick bench and back to default.

As for the BIOS's, I can't say what is what, as I have used several but not the engineering BIOS (which I believe is the SLV7). I just know that Skyn3ts works and I am happy to bet money that it is his own work.

According to SLV7 and a few forum posts, Skyn3t basically put his name to this bios, SLV7 OC Edition V03 is the correct name, And took full credit for it when he did zero work towards it, Bascially stealing :(

Soldato
I sure hope that wasn't the case and I will get in touch with Skyn3t and ask what he thinks.

Somehow I don't think Skyn3t is going to fess up

And again, This is only what I've read and been told on SLV7's forum, I'm not accusing anyone just passing along information I've gathered.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
bioscomparison.jpg

I have just inspected both BIOS's and they are different. Completely different in fact.

SVL7 uses 80.10.3A.00.82 and Skyn3t uses 80.10.3A.00.80

All the boost tables are different and the common settings also differ. Different checksum as well.

Maybe you should not take Brian as gospel and ask before accusing?

Soldato
bioscomparison.jpg

I have just inspected both BIOS's and they are different. Completely different in fact.

SVL7 uses 80.10.3A.00.82 and Skyn3t uses 80.10.3A.00.80

All the boost tables are different and the common settings also differ. Different checksum as well.

Maybe you should not take Brian as gospel and ask before accusing?

If you go over what I posted above I said, And I quote -

"I'm not accusing anyone just passing along information I've gathered."
But I do find it curious that since this whole debacle with SVL7 and Skynet started that SVL7 has stopped posting regular updates to his bios mods :-/
Could SVL7 of fabricated the whole thing for some weird reason/grudge etc... ?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I only posted the differences and not getting involved. I just read Brian's response to you on that other forum and decided to examine them. I wasn't accusing you but we both know how things said can be taken literally when it isn't meant that way. :)

Associate
I iam trying the 780 msi volt mod I have tried
VDDC_Generic_Detection=0
VDDC_NCP4206_Detection=4:20h
and tried
VDDC_Generic_Detection=0
VDDC_NCP4206_Detection=3:20h
and also tryed Type: msiafterburner /ri4,20,99 and Type: msiafterburner /ri3,20,99
so I tried the both ways and when I open afterburner and still no volts change can you help me plz many thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom