Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Associate
Just a word of advice, don't touch Hazro products. Am currently talking to Trading Standards and taking legal action over a my faulty screen which was returned to them over a month ago with Hazro ignoring all attempts at communication.

Avoid like the plague.

Great. I havent even got a reply yet.
Thank you for your submission. Your question is very important to us and we will work quickly to get you a response.

Can anyone share a direct email for them, I've tried by their contact form on their website with no reply.

Last edited:
Associate
I initially had emails from [email protected] but that's been quiet now for over a month.

Overclockers advised using [email protected] but I never heard anything from there.

Overclockers are fully aware of the problems here and yet they continue to sell Hazro products, products with warranties that they know will be worthless :(

Associate
I will never buy anything from Hazro again, Mine died after 2 and a half years, (vertical line of red pixels)

I expect a £400 monitor to last longer then 2 years for a start, and the return service from Hazro is terrible. Luckily OCUK sorted me out on this one so it was all good in the end.

OCUK should STOP selling these monitors if the company in question doesn't even reply to anyones emails.

Associate
Mind telling how Overclockers helped? They're refusing to do anything for me.

I bit of luck on my behalf I assume, I sent the monitor back to OCUK on request, within 2 days I had a full refund as the monitor was "destroyed in transit" :confused: that's as much information as I could get

Associate
Seriously just double sided taped on? I ask I have just noticed that my glass (Hazro HZ27WC 8-Bit 27") has moved. At the bottom of the frame it no longer sits flush with the frame, its as if the weight of the glass has made it drop a mm and has caused it to slide out the bottom of the frame. Very disappointed.

Same thing just happened to mine - glass is no longer supported by the bezel on the right hand side. I've cable tied (with lots of cable ties) a loop around the screen to support it. Other than that, the monitor is still going with no problems (other than the occasional occurrence of green dots - which I think is a DVI issue since it goes away on a restart).

Last edited:
Associate
Same thing just happened to mine - glass is no longer supported by the bezel on the right hand side. I've cable tied (with lots of cable ties) a loop around the screen to support it. Other than that, the monitor is still going with no problems (other than the occasional occurrence of green dots - which I think is a DVI issue since it goes away on a restart).

"Still going with no problems", "occasional occurrence of green dots" Oh that's OK then..... :eek:

"Having to hold it together with zip ties". Are you real!

Glad I looked here before buying the Hazro weekly special.

Associate
Absolutely gutted right now. I bought my Hazro WD from Scan for £479.99 back in Nov 2011 (so still under warranty?) ... just a few months before the Korean ones popped up for much less. That's always annoyed me, but every time I turned the screen on I kinda didn't care any more.

Well until now! I've recently noticed it was occasionally turning off (perhaps once a month for 3 months), and I'd need to unplug it a few times before it came back on. Then this evening I left the room for 5 minutes, came back and it was off and never came back on :( I've reconnected the power, DVI input, tried different sockets, changed the plugs fuse. Nothing works, no monitor LED lights etc.

There was no smell, no smoke... the things you'd associate with the board blowing, so what's the odds it's just the PSU? Despite the fact the green light is still coming on for that?

Has anyone had the same happen with their Hazro? I'm dreading having to deal with their CS (or lack of) and it's going to cost me £23+ taxes to get a PSU from the US... which is a lot to pay if the monitor does actually turn out to be dead.

I'm having to use a crappy 32" 720p TV as a monitor now so it's a hell of a step down... any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Associate
Yes, I understand the support is not to good ?
I only ask as I've OC mine, not too worried if it brakes.
Managed to get it to 90hrz without any image problems !

Just wondered if any one else has do so...

smr

smr

Soldato
wow, can't quite believe this thread is 100+ pages long for a company I've never heard of (even though I work in the PC repair business)!

Who on Earth are Hazro? I'm in the market for a 27" Monitor but the name of them (being I'ev never heard of them before and it also reminds me of Haribo) is putting me off quite a bit.

Associate
They, you could say Hazro are like the Korean manufacturing IPS monitors (catleap, DGM and so on) but they are based in the UK.

The one thing about Hazro that you'll read is the quality of the build, reliability & the customer support.

Mine is floorless & has lasted me 2 year but not every one has had this experience & mostly in the form above.

You won't be disappointed if you get a good one from the line but you will be disappointed if you get one that may have issues... The thing about forums though (as you already know) is most come here to moan about them & the every day forum user will give good feed back. Now if you read back you'll not find many that are happy !

I'm a happy one (for now) :)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi All,

Anyone using thier Hazro with Nvidia's proprietary linux drivers?

Having reall issues getting this monitor to be recognised. Works fine with the open source Nouvea drivers, just not the Nvidia ones.

Mines a HZ27WB btw.

Thanks for any advice,

E-I

Associate
HI all,

Okay, looks like I just need the Hazxro HZ27WB horizontal synch and vertical refresh values and then I can set it up manually. Seems like for whatever reason the proprietary linux driver isn't recognising EDID properly?

Can anyone help on this? Can't find this in the manual or by searching online.

I'm going to see if thees any way of reading these values through through windows maybe? ANyone got any suggestions as to how I might be able to do this?

Thanks,

E-I

OG

OG

Associate
Have had my HZ27WC for just over two years now, last night I came home and the glass front had completely slipped out of the frame and seemed to be inches away from completely falling out of the frame and crushing my keyboard!

From reading around online this seems to be a moderately common issue of the glass fronting slipping out of the frame. Does anyone know if Hazro are covering this under warranty in anyway or dealing with it under a product recall??

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Have had my HZ27WC for just over two years now, last night I came home and the glass front had completely slipped out of the frame and seemed to be inches away from completely falling out of the frame and crushing my keyboard!

From reading around online this seems to be a moderately common issue of the glass fronting slipping out of the frame. Does anyone know if Hazro are covering this under warranty in anyway or dealing with it under a product recall??

You're well within your consumer rights to get that sorted by the manufacturer as it's clearly a defect of the product.

Back
Top Bottom