• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Caporegime
http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Battlefield_4_Beta-test-bf_4_2560_msaa.jpg

http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/battlefield-4-beta-test-gpu.html

7970 GE to GTX 780 = 6%
7970 GE to GTX Titan = 15%

Thats a good showing :)

Soldato
Just had a shot - defo looks better than BF3!!

With my 2gb gfx card set @ 1280/3400 and CPU @ 4.6 I was surprised it actually played lol

Ultra preset - unplayable - getting lows of 25 and highs of 39 - VRAM useage 1981MB
High preset - playable! - getting lows of 30 and highs of 55 - VRAM useage 1891MB

Not exactly scientific testing I know - but was just a quick 20 minute burst - all I got time for today.

EDIT: Using WHQL drivers and not the BETA ones.

get the beta ones, it runs much better

Soldato
Anyone else thinks it looks a bit dull? I know its not finished, but BF3 looks a hell of a lot better.

I think the in game brightness is way too low I had to max mine out and then also turn colour up on my tv.

It looks much better now and I would say far better than bf3.

Not sure why they put they beige/grey colour filter over the whole game though kind of ruins it with everything being same colour but I got used to it pretty quick.

Soldato
I don't know what's going on with my system.

CPU is @ 4.6 and constantly maxed out, meanwhile the graphics cards have got their feet up and I'm getting laggy FPS even on low settings.

On the beta drivers too.

Associate
slightly off topic. i just pre-ordered bf4 (normal) through origin. without getting premium membership, I can't even download the beta?

Caporegime
If you play on domination, 32 players no vehicles, you get much higher fps than the conquest 64 player, vehicle friendly large maps. My bench from earlier was on 32 man domination.

As i cannot use my afterburner OSD i cannot tell if the fps drops below 60 are caused by the cpu, gpu or the game itself just being a bit buggy and beta. Generally performance seems very good, but the game clearly needs more work.

I also believe the servers/net code may also be responsible for problems as well.

Last edited:
Associate
I have the beta in my games list, greyed out (with game key) but cannot download as it says not yet released...am I missing something? (and dont say BF4! Beta :) )

Soldato
ok I think the beta 11's are the best for us AMD boys

much better averages and min's

2013-10-01 17:52:53 - bf4
Frames: 1413 - Time: 15179ms - Avg: 93.089 - Min: 66 - Max: 128

Man of Honour
Heavy on the cpu!!

VTiRq70.jpg

Bring on mantle i say!

I don't know why they publish graphs like this, the 3970X and 3930k clock for clock perform identically.

I am sure people can find other examples of this with some of the other CPUs too.

Maybe they should have a graph with all the CPUs overclocked to 4.5 instead.

Back
Top Bottom